We’re dedicated to achieving our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion. We are looking for people who are passionate about helping us create safer, better and more sustainable solutions for personal mobility. Our bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
Do you imagine a world of zero crashes, zero emissions and zero congestion? We do. We place our customers at the center of everything we do, and we are creating vehicles that move humanity to that goal. To reach this ambitious goal we need to create a modern vehicle computing platform that is capable to integrate all the advanced features like active safety, driving assistance systems, infotainment, connectivity, and vehicle motion. This new platform shall seamlessly connect in-vehicle computing controls with cloud and edge computing resources. Join the Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) organization today!
GM is advancing the sophistication of vehicle infotainment systems at every level of functionality and design. We're developing alluring intuitive HMI systems that augment and complement driver awareness, improve occupant safety, and elevate the traveler experience. If you have experience developing Embedded or Automotive Android applications and want to help create that experience, apply to join us.
Onsite: This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis.
As an Android Software Developer, you are part of the team that defines GM’s automotive infotainment HMI experience. You will be using Android as a development platform to develop high fidelity HMI concepts and graphical prototypes that will be used for usability evaluations, internal & external user studies and infotainment requirement's development. The software will be written in Java and Kotlin using object-oriented design principles. You must have knowledge of Operating Systems, Embedded/ Automotive software architectures and interfaces.
- Build software for vehicle level functions and perform integration and verification testing
- Analyze software defects; determine root cause, create software solution, test and verify closure.
- Performs design and analysis on changes.
- Diagnose, debug and tackle issues related to vehicle hardware and software.
- Work with teams from multiple groups to meet project milestones
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Android application development - Develop HMI application software for vehicle infotainment systems.
- Requirement analysis, architecture design, development and testing of in-vehicle infotainment systems.
- Create rapid HMI prototypes to assist requirements & design process of new functionality and new user experiences.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in software development - Automotive, Embedded, Consumer and/or Mobile.
- 2+ years of proven track record in Android application development.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Products (Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Solid understanding of automotive technologies including CAN, LIN, Speech recognition, Navigation, Bluetooth is preferred.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in software development - Automotive, Embedded, Consumer and/or Mobile.
- 5+ years of proven track record in Android application development.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.