We’re dedicated to achieving our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion. We are looking for people who are passionate about helping us create safer, better and more sustainable solutions for personal mobility. Our bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
Do you envision a world of zero crashes, zero emissions and zero congestion? We do. We place our customers at the center of everything we do, and we are crafting vehicles that move humanity to that goal. To reach this ambitious goal we need to create a modern vehicle computing platform that is capable to integrate all the sophisticated features, such as, active safety, driving assistance systems, infotainment, connectivity, and vehicle motion. This new platform shall seamlessly connect in-vehicle computing controls with cloud and edge computing resources. Join the Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) organization today!
Our growing User Experience team is seeking a passionate and talented Visual Designer who understands and appreciates digital design from a customer, stakeholder, and brand perspective. In this role, you will help influence our work that touches millions of lives across In-Vehicle, Web, Mobile and Wearable interfaces.
As a Visual Designer within our In-Market Enhancements domain, you will collaborate closely with other product/visual designers, researchers and Customer Experience partners to bring to life an aesthetically cohesive cross-channel identity for a best-in-class in-vehicle purchasing platform for our next generation of vehicles.
Supporting a multi-disciplinary team, the ideal candidate will have strong visual design skills and an inspirational portfolio showcasing extensive experience crafting visually compelling digital products that translate human needs into successful products with a clear passion, understanding, and dedication to user-centered design.
Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. This position requires an employee to be onsite monthly. Must be local and/or willing to relocate.
- Collaborate closely with team members to craft premier user experiences across all products and platforms for vehicle features
- Balance user needs, technical constraints, and business objectives to tackle problems optimally
- Enforce an established visual design system across all platforms and programs, and contribute to the design systems growth and maturity
- Build design deliverables to communicate your work including sketches, drawings, prototypes, storyboards, and specifications
- Extensive knowledge of visual asset delivery for software and technical partners
- Work with product designers, product owners, and key partners to understand product requirements and find opportunities, executing them as a flawless part of the overall user experience
- Act as the voice of design for the team and collaborators alike
- Contribute to the continued evolution of the team’s workflows and processes to further improve quality and performance
- Build prototypes for user experience research and testing to validate designs, get user feedback, and identify opportunities to improve the customer experience
- 3+ years of confirmed experience crafting digital interfaces for web, mobile, or in-vehicle interfaces
- Compelling portfolio with work samples showcasing expertise in visual design, user interaction design, animation and depth of thought
- Successful track record for bringing digital products to market
- Open to feedback; knowing how to give and receive critique, and how and when to defend design decisions
- Strong visual, verbal, and written communication skills, along with presentation and negotiation skills
- Proficient in common design tools like Sketch, Zeplin, Sympli, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to create meaningful and lasting relationships with team members and collaborators
- BA/BS degree or training in Graphic Design, Web Design, Visual Design. Interaction Design, Product Design, or related, or equivalent work experience
- Interests aligned with the Automotive and Technology industries
- E-commerce experience
- Experience with animation, motion design, transitions and dynamic interactions
- Experience incorporating research into the design process, including contextual inquiry, usability testing, heuristic evaluation, etc
- Automotive experience
- Solid understanding of technology and the product development lifecycle
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.