Note: This is a Hybrid position within our IT Organization. The role will allow employees to work remotely, but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to live a commutable distance to the innovation center they are selected for.
The General Motors Connected Customer Mobility Solutions group is seeking to identify highly motivated and qualified individuals for potential future opportunities as Software Developer- OTA Platform. In anticipation of these opportunities becoming available, if you are interested in learning more about GM, completing this profile will allow us to stay connected.
The Connected Customer and Mobility Solutions organization develops, in an Agile/SAFe environment, the technologies enabling a new generation of connected vehicles worldwide. This includes call centers located in multiple countries backed by two world class data centers. Our technology is a key enabler to things like smarter car sharing programs, driver customization opportunities, and advanced active safety systems including autonomous driving. These capabilities exist through the largest implementation of 4G LTE in the automotive industry which enables the capture of extensive amount of vehicle data to our Big Data platform. Our innovation teams are driving game changing technology to the consumer and the automotive industry.
Roles and Responsibilities:
In this role, we will rely on you to work on complex integrations in the areas of GPS corrections, OTA, Map OTA, Data collection, Vehicle integration with a large degree of autonomy. Take every advantage of the opportunity to utilize your outstanding understanding of End-To-End flow of Data in support of Vehicle achievements bringing a next level of success to our group. You will have every opportunity to collaborate and partner with various cross-functional teams to ensure that the integration is working at optimum levels. Become an integral part in the automation of the build/deploy/environment setup processes. Don't worry, you've got this! You'll also be initiating the use of new technologies and evaluate new products by doing POC's.
Who You Are
- Design, implement, and develop high performance services and libraries
- Pair programming and test-driven development
- Follow standard methodologies in development and library usage
- Participate in multi-functional initiatives to develop solutions across organizations
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects while shipping software quickly
- Software modeling, unit testing and simulation
- Address production problems and make changes to system functionality
What You Need
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/engineering or related field, or equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience
- 3+ years of software development utilizing industry standard design patterns in common languages such as Java.
- Validated experience with test-driven development techniques (TDD, Junit, mocks).
- Experience developing 12-factor microservices while utilizing Continuous Integration, Build, and Delivery w/Spring, Spring Boot.
- Familiarity with multiple interface patterns including RESTful APIs or event-based messaging
- Hands on in developing JAVA & Spring boot based components
- Hands-on and can-do attitude in developing solutions to software architectures to meet user experience, platform or performance needs
- Applied experience with iterative and incremental development on product-focused teams practicing code reviews
- Knowledge of version control systems (Git, Bitbucket) and modern version control for use in continuous deployments
- Proficiency writing basic SQL queries. Oracle and/or Postgres experience a plus. NoSQL experience with Cassandra a plus.
- Ability to understand complex application flows, their interactions not confined to just one microservice, but the whole platform operation as a whole.
- Passionate to produce quality output, considering quality in all their day to day activity, perform dev-integration testing for the whole platform.
- Interested to support PROD / PREPROD environment, help users and fix issues in a timely manner.
- Strong teamwork focus and the ability to cultivate collaboration within and across teams
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to optimal communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions
What Would be Even Better
- Experience building and maintaining highly automated CI and CD pipelines demonstrating technologies such as Azure DevOps Server (formerly TFS), Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, Black Duck, Chef, SonarQube
- Experience in automating test cases using Selenium / READY API or other standard frameworks.
- Experience in designing and implementing container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes and Helm
- Experience utilizing platform and infrastructure-as-a-service technologies and capabilities and their corresponding services (object store, configuration management, service registries, etc.). Pivotal Cloud Foundry experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with Big Data technologies and developing in Hadoop ecosystem, i.e. Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Scala, SPARK, Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Python
- Experience with the ELK stack and dashboarding within Kibana
- Experience supporting applications in Production
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.