Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/engineering or related field, or equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience
- 2+ years of software development utilizing industry standard design patterns in common languages such as Java. Demonstrated experience with test-driven development techniques (TDD, Junit, mocks).
- Familiarity with 12-factor microservice development patterns
- Familiarity with multiple interface patterns including RESTful APIs or event-based messaging
- Applied experience with Unix/Linux shell scripting
- Applied experience with iterative and incremental development on product-focused teams practicing code reviews
- Knowledge of version control systems (Git, Bitbucket) and modern version control for use in continuous deployments
- Competency writing basic SQL queries. Oracle and/or Postgres experience a plus. NoSQL experience with Cassandra a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions
- Strong teamwork focus and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
What You Need
- Experience developing 12-factor microservices while utilizing Continuous Integration, Build, and Delivery w/Spring, Spring Boot
- Experience building and maintaining highly automated CI and CD pipelines leveraging technologies such as Azure DevOps Server (formerly TFS), Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, Black Duck, Chef, SonarQube
- Experience in designing and implementing container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes and Helm
- Experience utilizing platform and infrastructure-as-a-service technologies and capabilities and their corresponding services (object store, configuration management, service registries, etc.). Pivotal Cloud Foundry experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with Big Data technologies and developing in Hadoop ecosystem, i.e. Hadoop, Hbase, Hive, Scala, SPARK, Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Python
- Experience with the ELK stack and dashboarding within Kibana
- Experience supporting applications in Production
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.