For all external applicants, we are targeting a start date on or after January 10th, 2022 for this position.
This role offers the following Work Appropriately strategies:
Hybrid : This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. This position does require an employee to be onsite 1-3 times per week.
In this Software Developer lead role, you will be responsible for leading the development, configuration, and deployment of Warehouse Management System (WMS) and Supply Chain applications using sound, repeatable, industry standard methodologies. Additionally, you will coach/mentor software developers and will review the software being developed. This role will also work closely with architects and/or data scientists to ensure code alignment with design patterns/frameworks.
- Bachelor's degree in IT related discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum 7 years of professional software development experience (Full lifecycle application development using standard frameworks and coding standards/patterns. Coding, unit testing and debugging applications in various software languages)
- Experience as a team-lead for 2+ full implementation lifecycles of business-critical application solutions
- Strong knowledge (3+ years) of maintaining and debugging live software systems.
- Experience in crafting detailed design specifications as well as test plans for unit and integration testing
- First-hand, dedicated experience in the remediation of software issues related to code/solutions quality and/or security
- Strong experience (2+ years) providing guidance and mentoring of fellow software developers and other team members
- Ability to interpret business requirements into application configuration tasks.
- Research and recommend custom design to resolve client/business issues/problems
- Strong technical and non-technical presentation and communication skills; able to articulate complex technical topics for non-technical audiences.
- Ability to effectively work cross-functionally with and through business and IT managers
- Good Knowledge of Oracle SQL and PL/SQL Language.
- Great communication skills (oral and written) and ability to work independently or in group settings, as needed.
- Great attitude and commitment to get the job done
· At least 10 years’ experience writing Java/J2EE, .NET, or SOA code and leading medium – large development teams
· Experience with Supply Chain and WMS solutions such as JDA, Oracle, Infor, Manhattan, Red Prairie, SAP/EWM, Highjump, etc….
· Preferred experience with Agile, Scrum, iterative, or waterfall development and project methodologies
· Experience with high throughput messaging systems (Apache Kafka)
· Experience with data integration of various software applications
· Experience and deep understanding of logical and physical data modeling and relational database technologies, i.e. stored procedures, SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, Triggers, etc.
· A strong balance of leadership, business acumen and technical skills
· Preferred experience in a Manufacturing or Warehousing environment.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.