This is a Hybrid position within our IT Organization. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to commute to the innovation center to which they are assigned as their primary GM facility. Relocation may be provided.
For all external applicants, we are targeting a start date on or after January 10th 2022 for this position.
The Customer Data, Consent and Privacy IT team is looking for a dynamic and highly motivated individual with proven success in leadership to lead our high
performing customer master data management team in delivering innovative solutions and modernizing our customer master applications. Must have a strong background in team build, technology, system integration, data architecture, web application development, and agile software development methodologies.
You will be leading a development team and ensuring that all systems and software in the Customer Master data management (MDM) and Data Quality (DQ) are designed and developed using sound, repeatable, industry standard methodologies. You will work in a technical management role as well as perform hands-on planning, architecture, and design as required. Additionally, you will manage a team being responsible for staffing, communicating, training and development, directing and prioritization of work, evaluating performance and removing roadblocks. This position will enable you to advise, coach/mentor developers and will review the software being developed to insure the highest standards. Part of your goals will be to be excellent in code quality, performance, stability, security and general delivery to requirements and project timing.
Major responsibilities include the following:
- Implement the Master Data Management strategy to ensure data standardization, quality, governance and provide a single source-of-truth for the customer domain
- Must have experience and be comfortable leading highly technical teams through the software development lifecycle (SDLC) utilizing industry standard/best practice for software development approaches
- Goal setting and performance appraisals of direct reports
- Aligning team objectives with organization’s mission/vision/values
- Leading by example with a hands-on approach
- Lead implementation and operation of master data management software (e.g., Seibel UCM, Informatica, etc.)
- Apply the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) development methodology to software/application development projects. Lead the effort to introduce and refine agile approaches within the organization.
- Lead the change – Encourage team members to embrace a lean agile mindset
- Eliminate impediments and roadblocks
- Coach teams and individuals to help them be more effective and productive
- Ability to manage, analyze, and resolve data related issues and manage revisions needed to best meet internal and customer requirements while adhering to published data standards
- Participating in vendor relationship, contract management, and implementation planning.
- Must have experience creating strategic direction for groups of applications, including Performance tuning, usability assessment/improvement, automation technologies
- Understands security risks for applications and code remediation techniques
- Oversees Integration efforts of software or solutions with existing software/systems
- Understands code quality analysis results and remediation mechanisms
- Expert knowledge of maintaining and debugging live software systems
- Providing advice, training, and technical support for various projects within their domain
- Assists with identifying/selecting the best talent. Responsible for directing and prioritizing work, managing performance, and providing guidance / coaching to team members. Leads the culture within their team, holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and creates a winning culture.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or 4 years related experience
- 7+ years Software Developer experience
- People Leader/ Management experience
- 3+ years Project Management skills and experience
- Experience with data-intensive applications design and development and related technologies/tools (SQL, ETL, Data Modeling, etc.)
- Experience with stakeholder alignment, communicating and presenting to Senior Executives
- Experience with planning, organizing, and leading multiple Scrum Teams
- Demonstrated experience in putting into practice highly purposeful software development methodologies (i.e. Lean Startup, Agile, Scrum etc.)
- Experienced in building a culture of automation in testing, CI/CD and DevOps practices with end-to-end application ownership from conceptualization to development to testing and support
- 5+ years of professional experience demonstrating success leading master data management programs in a global organization
- Mastery of MDM concepts, benefits, best practices & challenges
- Understanding the role of a successful MDM practice including data quality and privacy regulations (e.g. GDPR, CCPA, LGPD, etc.)
- 8+ years Leading teams of 10 or more people
- Expertise in driving large programs across multiple stakeholders simultaneously
- Expertise recruiting and hiring top talent
- Expertise with Docker, Apache Kafka, Pulsar, and Elasticsearch
- Strategic planning, roadmap creation and project plans to look ahead and deliver world class software
Why Join Us
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.