Active Safety / Autonomous Driving is a rapidly developing area of automotive engineering. Through the use of multiple systems and sensors, GM is able to deliver new and exciting features to the vehicle such as Automatic Emergency Breaking, Lane Keep Assist, Adaptive Cruise control and more!
Super Cruise is the flagship feature of GM's Advanced Driver Assist Systems and Super Cruise relies heavily on High Definition "HD" (very accurate) maps. These HD maps are the cornerstone of many of the Super Cruise abilities and can also be the root cause of some of the related issues. Therefore, these maps are specified to be 99.9% accurate, which makes HD maps the most accurate piece of information on the Super Cruise system. Testing, validating, querying, releasing, and improving these HD maps are some of the primary functions of this group. It is within this realm we are looking to hire an energetic, highly driven software engineer to support the development of these High Definition Maps.
- Systematically apply statistical and/or logical techniques to describe, illustrate, review and audit High Definition Map Data
- Work closely with the HD Map Data team to better understand their needs and create analysis tools that aid the team in achieving their objectives.
- Experience parsing information from online databases, automating processes, and creating fully encapsulated applications.
- Create/maintain scripts/SW to visualize, analyze, and/or manipulate map data to keep pace with evolving needs and validation requirements.
- 2 + years Software skills in Python, C++, SQL, Java, algorithms, data structure
- Object Oriented Programming
- Bachelor or Masters in Computer or Electrical Engineering and / or Computer Science; Control systems emphasis preferred
- Good business sense, ability to communicate, and a desire to understand customer needs
- Passion for solving unique problems
- Ability to work in a disciplined software development environment
- At least two years of Engineering work experience
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.