Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired. This position requires an employee to be on-site monthly .
The Software Defined Vehicle team supports the definition, design, and development of this new vehicle intelligence platform that will underpin all our future innovations across a wide range of technological advancements, including EVs and expanded automated driving. This means that you can potentially put a fingerprint on the vehicles that drive down the road! This space is bursting with emerging technical leadership opportunities. You can flex your collaboration muscles as you will be tasked with working with several other areas of engineering, IT, and the business.
Are you a hardworking engineer with a passion for Self-Driving cars? Do you like working in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment, where no two days are the same? As a Software Integration Engineer within the Automated Driving Mapping team, you can work in a highly-integrated global team and collaborate with groups spanning Sensing through Planning to Control. Join our team and help us enable a highly advanced autonomous driving feature!
The Engineer will focus on the development, implementation and integration Mapping software and algorithms on the target platform for a highly advanced autonomous driving system. They will work with other mapping algorithm developers, perception, localization and planning engineers, data scientists, system architects for other subsystems to achieve extremely capable self-driving vehicle.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related technical degree
- Minimum of 2 years of software development experience using C++ development and debugging skills
- Python, Matlab, or similar scripting skills
- Familiarity with coordinate systems and transformations such as UTM, WGS84, ECEF
- Data driven, evidence-based issue-investigation and root cause analysis
- Machine learning algorithms experience on industrial-scale data sets, including training set preparation and performance evaluation
- Knowledge of serial data communications (Ethernet (preferred), CAN, LIN, AUTOSAR).
- Familiarity with Git or similar version-control environments
- Good experience with Embedded SW Development environments
- Capable with Software Architecture/Design and Data Structures
- Ability to produce effective written and verbal communication across a global team
- Valid drivers license
- 5 years of lead software development experience
- Familiarity with autonomous driving sensors such as Camera, Radar, Lidar and IMU/GPS
- RTOS Embedded SW Development environments such as AUTOSAR and/or Green Hills Integrity
- Comfortable with numerical libraries such as Eigen/LAPACK and structured file formats such as XML, JSON
- Familiarity with the Agile software development process
- Comfortable with in-vehicle development processes, including prototyping, in-vehicle testing, workflow-analysis
- Flexible work-style driven by fast-paced program-development and a global team
FOR GM INTERNAL CANDIDATES: This role is posted at both the 6th and 7th level. The determination by HR and the Hiring Manager as to whether an offer will be lateral or promotional will be based on a candidate’s relevant experience and whether the role will amount to a significant increase in level of responsibility.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.