We are looking for a Software Integration Engineer to join our Vehicle Motion Embedded Control (VMEC) organization! The Software Integration Engineer is a technical project leadership position where you will be responsible to plan, lead and execute software content and timing for assigned software swimlane(s). In addition, you would chair the Software Execution Team Meeting (SWET) with key partners to ensure all requirements and work are met on-time with "world's best" quality. Lastly, you will exercise technical direction over engineering support personnel both internally (GM) and externally (supplier) assigned to a given swimlane(s).
This position is one that can be done on a flexible schedule and regarding work-life integration!
- Lead development of software content and timing for assigned swimlane(s).
- Document the information in software delivery plan and product plan book (PPB) and communicates those plans to internal and external organizations.
- Lead development of software verification and validation plan and documents the information in software Analysis, Development and Validation (ADV) plan. Acquire approval from Controller Integration leadership.
- Create work ticket tasks for software build, regression and validation tests, set priorities, and review work products before closing work tickets.
- Chair the Software Execution Team meeting to ensure that Controls Process of Engineering (CPoE) software tasks are completed to program milestone timing, issues and obstacles are resolved. Escalate and communicate status to leadership.
- Lead and/or support complex software design analysis & reviews, implementation plans and lesson learned results at escalation forums (e.g. RPR2+, EA).
- Actively handle controller resources (e.g. memory and CPU utilization) at each cadence, escalate and engage SMEs for resolution if necessary.
- Provide technical leadership for advanced technology development and stay abreast of new technology, debugging & instrumentation tools, microprocessors and software development processes (e.g. SAFe).
- Foster & document Best Practices to ensure high quality work and reduce development lead time.
- Train, develop, mentor and evaluate technical capability of team members
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science.
- 2+ years of experience in developing large scale software projects for real-time embedded systems.
- Demonstrated technical and program management experience with successful track record in leading programs from inception to production
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in the following: developing real-time control algorithms, software with programming and scripting languages (e.g. C/C++, Assembly, Perl, Java, Python), operating systems (Unix, Linux, RTOS for embedded system) and instrumentation (INCA, in circuit emulators, dSpace)
- Analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
- 5 or more years of experience in developing large scale software projects for real-time embedded systems.
- Certification in SAFe specific roles: SSM, SA, SPC, LPM or POPM
- Familiarly with configuration management system (e.g. GiT) and build tools (e.g. Jenkins, eflow)
- Production experience in automotive control system specifically in propulsion, chassis and brakes
- Knowledge of vehicle electrical architectures and communication networks
- DFSS Black-Belt certification
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.