We are looking for Software Integration Managers to join our Vehicle Motion Embedded Control (VMEC) organization! The Software Integration Manager is a technical project leadership position where you will be responsible to plan, lead and execute software content and timing for assigned software releases. In addition, you would lead the Software Execution Team Meeting (SWET) with key partners to ensure all requirements and tasks are met on-time with "world's best" quality. Lastly, you will exercise technical direction over internal (GM) and external (supplier) engineering support personnel.
Most of the tasks for this highly engaging role can be accomplished on a flexible schedule with the possibility of a fully remote work arrangement.
- Lead the development of software content and timing for assigned releases
- Document the information in software delivery plan and product plan book (PPB) and communicate those plans to internal and external organizations
- Lead project specific software verification and validation plan and document the information in software Analysis, Development and Validation (ADV) plan. Acquire approval from controller integration leadership
- Provide direction and set priorities for software builds, testing, and validation
- Ensure the Controls Process of Engineering (CPoE) tasks are completed per program timing
- Drive resolution of issues and obstacles and escalate as required
- Actively manage controller resources (e.g. memory and CPU utilization) at each software release; escalate and engage SMEs for resolution as required
- Provide technical leadership for advanced technology development. Stay abreast of the latest hardware and software technology, debugging and instrumentation tools, and software development processes (e.g. SAFe)
- Foster & document best practices to ensure high quality work and reduce development lead time
- Train, develop, mentor, and evaluate technical capability of team members
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in real-time embedded software system
- Demonstrated technical project lead or project management experience
- Direct hands-on experience in developing real-time controls software with programming (e.g. C/C++/JAVA/Assembly) and scripting languages (e.g., Perl/Python)
- Understanding of operating systems (e.g., Unix, Linux, RTOS for embedded system) and instrumentation (e.g., INCA, in circuit emulators, dSpace)
- Familiarity with configuration management system (e.g., GiT) and build tools (e.g., Jenkins, eflow).
- Demonstrated drive for results and teamwork in project execution.
- Demonstrated analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.