The Vehicle Embedded Motion Controls (VMEC) Team designs and develops automotive control systems from chip design all the way through application software that makes the vehicle move! Our team delivers the controls for Engine, Transmission, Battery, Electrification, Brakes and other Chassis components used in GM’s entire model line.
This organization is embracing the future using automated DevOps and Scaled Agile methodology to meet new challenges in electrification and autonomous world! We are an elite group of software builders who are delivering production SW to millions of vehicles while creating innovative new tools and automated solutions to challenging problems within the Realtime Embedded Controls SW integration domain.
If you are a software developer or DevOps Engineer with experience in Embedded software development and tools such as Git and Jenkins, or if you can speak the differences between different C compilers and automation using scripting languages such as Perl and Python, then we need you! In return, we offer the chance of a lifetime to a part of GMs Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion transformation and contribute to the effort to build a modern infrastructure for large scale software delivery machine with leading edge DevOps techniques.
- Integration and verification of software build to produce software releases for development and production usage.
- Act as the single point contact to supplier's software group and work with supplier to establish delivery content, schedules and resolve issues.
- Assist in the development of software content and anomaly corrections.
- Actively manage controller resources (e.g. memory and CPU utilization), escalate and engage SMEs as needed for issue resolution.
- Prepare software for production release.
- Provide technical leadership for advanced technology development and stays abreast of new technology, debugging & instrumentation tools, microprocessors and software development processes (e.g. SAFe).
- Foster & document Best Practices to ensure high quality deliverables and reduce development lead time.
- Train, develop, mentor and evaluate technical capability of team members.
Required Qualifications :
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical, Software, Mechanical or Computer Engineering.
- 2 or more years of experience in developing large scale software projects for real-time embedded systems.
- Experience in SW development/Testing and knowledge of programming languages (e.g. C/C++, Assembly, Perl, Java).
- Experience with Real time operating systems (i.e. RTOS for embedded system), instrumentation and development tools (e.g. GiT, Jenkins, Eclipse, INCA, in circuit emulators, debuggers, DSPACE).
- Familiarity with microprocessor/micro-controller design and theory.
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Creative and disciplined with a strong sense of ownership, responsibility and on schedule delivery commitment
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively in a geographically dispersed team, good team worker
- Capable of completing multiple tasks with competing priorities
Preferred Qualifications :
- MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical, Software, Mechanical or Computer Engineering.
- Experience working in Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Production experience in automotive control systems specifically in Electrification, Propulsion, Chassis and Brakes.
- DFSS Black-Belt certification
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.