Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be onsite full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
Do you imagine a world of zero crashes, zero emissions and zero congestion? We do! To reach this ambitious goal we need to build a modern vehicle computing platform that integrates advanced features like active safety, driving assistance systems, infotainment, connectivity, and vehicle motion. This new platform (Ultifi) will seamlessly connect in-vehicle computing controls with cloud and edge computing resources.
Our team is looking for a detailed and passionate Scrum Lead for our new Ultifi Developer Web Portal to join us in our mission! Our developers work in agile, multi-functional, collaborative environments. All team members must demonstrate GM’s Cultural Behaviors of accountability, collaboration, integrity, and inclusion. This space is ripe with technical leadership opportunities for advanced technology development, as well as the ability to provide mentorship for new employees. You can flex your teamwork muscles as you will be tasked with working with several other areas of engineering, IT, and the business.
As a Scrum Leader in Software Defined Vehicle organization, your main
responsibilities will be:
· Be the servant leader for the scrum as well as developer to achieve team’s goals
· Leads the Agile team's SAFe ceremonies including daily standups, iteration review, iteration planning, and their retrospective.
· Prepares the team PI Planning, System Demos, and Inspect & Adapt Workshop
· Owner and creator of the Teams’ Kanban board to help the team complete their committed work
· Focus’ the team on completing their team PI Objectives with quality
· Eliminates impediments; this can include working with other teams within or outside their ART
· Effectively manage interpersonal conflicts and challenges within the scrum team
· Engages with the metrics to relentlessly improve their team’s performance
· Coordinate and collaborate with departments cross functionally to achieve team objectives
Minimum Required Skills and Experience:
· BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
· Minimum 5+ years of experience with proven technical and professional skills in job-related area required
· Experience with Java, C++ development
· Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization as needed
· Emerging partnership and teamwork skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
· High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, take initiative/self-directed
· Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability, and trust
· Consistent demonstration of innovative thinking that is customer-centric
Preferred Skills and Experience:
· MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
· Experience with web portal full stack development
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.