Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-3 times per week
Do you imagine a world of zero crashes, zero emissions and zero congestion? We do! To reach this bold goal we need to build a modern vehicle computing platform that is capable to integrate all the advanced features like active safety, driving assistance systems, infotainment, connectivity, and vehicle motion. This new platform, Software Defined Vehicle (SDV), will seamlessly connect in-vehicle computing controls with cloud and edge computing resources.
Our team is looking for a hard-working Software Strategist who is looking for an opportunity to join the Automated Driving, Viewing Software & Integration team to learn and contribute to Active Safety features such as Super Cruise for our in-house ACP controllers.
This position is a great opportunity for someone who possesses a passion for software & controls and has an interest in developing new technologies!
- Ensure software milestones for quality and content are met.
- Review, document, and schedule software content changes for each software release.
- Support Change Request task scheduling and closing of tickets in a timely manner.
- Support Feature or software BOM reviews for future software content.
- Specify level of testing required and review the test results.
- Provide technical direction to other engineers or engineering support personnel.
- Support supplier software issue resolution and data file production release.
- Support controller resource issues (ROM, RAM, and Throughput).
- Coordinate, review, and resolve software issues.
- Support the Engineering Group Manager (EGM) in defining, managing and prioritizing allocated resources to complete tasks.
- Champion innovation and implementation of new processes & tools.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Physics, Math, Computer Science or a related technical degree
- Minimum of 2 years of engineering experience in the automotive or a related industry
- Software Engineering experience
- Demonstrated ability to independently lead multiple projects and assignments to completion
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with individuals at all levels within the organization
- Master’s Degree
- 5 or more years of Software Engineering experience
- Experience with MATLAB, software code generation, ETAS, CANalyzer, VehicleSpy
- Experience in control system integration and testing of hardware and software
- Knowledge of serial data communications (e.g. CAN, GMLAN, LIN)
FOR GM INTERNAL CANDIDATES: This role is posted at both the 7th and 6th level. The determination by HR and the Hiring Manager as to whether an offer will be lateral or promotional will be based on a candidate’s relevant experience and whether the role will amount to a significant increase in level of responsibility.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.