About the Team:
The SDV team supports the definition, design, and development of continuously improving mobility services. SDV is a new vehicle intelligence platform that will underpin all our future innovations across a wide range of technological advancements, including EVs and expanded automated driving. This means that you can potentially put a fingerprint on the vehicles that drive down the road! This space is ripe with technical leadership opportunities for sophisticated technology development, as well as the ability to provide mentorship for new employees. You can flex your collaboration muscles as you will be tasked with working with several other areas of engineering, IT, and the business. The Automated Driving, Active Safety (ADAS) Mapping Software team develops and delivers mapping software solutions using artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML) techniques to support GM's automated, hands free driving solutions for North America and beyond. We tackle the many challenges of map topology, scalability, real-time performance, verification and safety. The team is part of an Agile Release Train in the SAFe© framework.
The AI/ML Solution Architect is a technical leader who will contribute to the overall technical design of a variety of data driven systems across the vehicle AI/ML product suite that provide key capabilities in enabling future Automated Driving within General Motors. Role will support mapping systems that support GM ADAS solutions.
- Lead the overall AI/ML product architecture approach; acting as the solution architect on specific vehicle oriented AI/ML products
- Engage with stakeholders and relevant 3rd parties to coordination technical integration
- Ensure the integrity of product architectures across the vehicle AI/ML landscape, the software-define vehicle landscape and the software-enabled services landscape
- Design and architect scalable and resilient data driven systems
- Engage senior GM business executives and engineering leadership on solutions and technology capabilities
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of industry software development experience
- 4+ years' experience with Java, Python and databases (Oracle, MySQL, Elastic Stack)
- 2+ years' experience in an Architect /Technical leadership position
- Deep experience in software development practices as well as mastery in data collection, system architecture, design, and integration
- Experience in developing highly scalable, and high-performance distributed systems, with a proven understanding of data structures and algorithms
- An understanding of technical security as it applies to application and system design
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software, Electrical or Computer Engineering
Preferred Skills and Experience
- A master’s degree in a technical discipline, or the background and experience that demonstrates a similar level of strong programming skills and practices
- Design and development of stream/event-processing architectures using technologies such as Kafka, Spark, Akka, Flink or their equivalents
- Design and development of cloud native applications using Pivotal Cloud Foundry or equivalent PaaS
- Knowledge and experience with application containerization and orchestration such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with large datastore technologies such as HDFS, Cassandra, Elastic, S3
- Experience with geospatial data processing, analytics, and visualization
- Understanding of major automotive vehicle systems such as Advanced Driver-Assistance (ADAS)
- Experience with Machine/Deep Learning algorithms
- Experience with Data Visualization and Business Intelligence tools (e.g. HUE, Jupyter, PowerBI)
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.