We’re dedicated to achieving our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion. We are looking for people who are passionate about helping us create safer, better and more sustainable solutions for personal mobility. Our bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-3 times per week.
The Speech Performance, Tuning, and Certification team is looking for a Speech Certification Test Engineer to support our goals in providing the outstanding speech solutions to our customers.
- Certification equipment configuration and calibration
- Stay abreast of any changes in certification requirements, adhere to all certification requirement changes, and communicate any changes made to the appropriate collaborators
- Stay abreast of any software/hardware changes, including certification software, various module software, calibration files, etc. Always confirm software and hardware under test is at the correct level and upgrade as required.
- Implement Pre-Certification, Official Certification, and Self-Certification Accreditation Activities on time and with quality
- Proactively identify any issues with the test and/or results and actively troubleshoot and resolve issues that arise. Collaborate with various teams to help with the troubleshooting as needed
- Build vital tickets for defects and follow up to closure
- Prepare and communicate certification results, reports, etc. with partners
- Establish and maintain strong and effective communication with the VA Partners and the GM teams on all VA Speech Certification activities
- Fully understand all VA Certification Activities to ensure accurate execution
- Keep the GM End-Customer experience and GM’s credibility at the forefront of all decisions
- Find opportunities to improve processes, quality, and cost-reduction
- Documentation of processes and lessons learned
- Model and foster GM core values and GM behaviors
- 2+ years of relevant work experience involving speech recognition and/or voice processing
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Electrical, Computer Science, Software, Mechanical, or Acoustical Engineering)
- Experience with the speech recognition development, integration, testing employing GAS Virtual Assistant, Amazon Alexa, and/or projection speech use cases (i.e., Android Auto, CarPlay)
- Understanding of automotive infotainment system operation
- Experienced with embedded automotive modules
- Exhibits appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work optimally with business partners and suppliers to meet deliverables and mutual goals
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
- Ability to learn quickly, work cohesively as a team member, and understand complex systems
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to frame complex issues and technical ideas in a clear and concise manner
- General knowledge of some or all the following areas: Audio/Acoustic Processing, Calibration of Speech Systems, Mixing of Audio, Speech/Audio Characteristics, Voice Processing, Sound Quality (including use of sound quality tools & equipment), Vehicle Acoustics, Speech Recognition
- Basic knowledge in some or all the following areas: software coding, scripting languages, databases (e.g., Python)
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.