This is a Hybrid position within our IT Organization. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to commute to the location which they are assigned as their primary GM facility. This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-3 times per week.
- You will work on describing enterprise or vehicle performance using statistical methods and craft ad-hoc reports to share findings and recommendations with business partners.
- You thrive in reciprocal environments with leaders and managers to resolve and address ad-hoc data and reporting needs.
- Build statistical models that depict company-wide trends.
- You perform testing and validation of data sets.
- You enjoy the challenge of determining the meaning of data and explaining how various teams and leaders can leverage it to improve and streamline their processes
- You enjoy keeping defined structures in documentation and data and have a large toolset in statistical methodologies to tackle business problems.
In addition to being insightful and generally clever, you have at least 5 years of experience in most of the following:
- Data Integration: SQL; NoSQL(Hadoop, Casandra); Alteryx, Trifacta
- Business Intelligence/Reporting Tools: Tableau, Power BI, Excel, JMP, SAS, SPSS, Cognos
- Databases: Access, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2
- Using your extensive experience, data, and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Proficient in statistical methods such as regression, probability analysis, risk analysis, statistical process control
- Understanding of data gathering, inspecting, cleansing, transforming, and modeling/diagramming techniques
- Communication skills with the ability to distill complex subjects to a wider audience
- Excellent collaboration and project management skills
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.