Hybrid Work Location : This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. This position requires an employee to be onsite as required for key meetings/workshops on a minimal basis.
Do you have a passion for Innovation? Do you enjoy creating unique and highly technical engineering solutions to address unusual challenges? Imagine what is possible, when working amongst like-minded, multi-disciplinary team members.
Our Innovation Engineering team is seeking a highly motivated engineer that will lead initiatives at our Advance Design Studio in Burbank California, enable future technologies and products that will define the future of General Motors.
- Leads the coordination and integration of engineering information.
- Lead engineering feasibility activities, physical and math models (vehicle level)
- Lead/create occupant packaging studies in support of new vehicle concepts
- Work with engineering to create and facilitate engineering requirements to support the Studio design.
- Confirm packaging requirements are feasible and balance with Studio Design direction.
- Create concepts and develop proposals to resolve issues.
- Generates trade matrices to study alternatives while considering impacts such as customer satisfaction, cost, mass, timing, design for assembly, dimensional variation and other program imperatives.
- Document open issues, status and closure.
- Understands the Global Vehicle Development Process.
- Shares lessons learned with team members.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an (ABET) accredited University preferred or equivalent experience
- 5 years of vehicle packaging, architecture, and integration experience.
- Excellent work knowledge in Unigraphics
- Proficient knowledge of the Vehicle Development Process
- Proficient working knowledge of the 6-pillars (Metrics for spaciousness, visibility, driver accommodation, storage, access and cargo).
- Experience in passenger cars, SUVs and Pick Up Trucks
- Interest in Automotive Engineering and Creative Design
- Strong knowledge of how automotive component parts are manufactured.
- Strong knowledge of vehicle assembly.
- Strong knowledge of Vehicle Architecture and System Integration.
- DFSS Certification - Black Belt
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent Interpersonal skills to work effectively with others including global partners
- Ability to work independently and solve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to solve highly complex problems and lead teams to consensus when needed.
- Demonstrate a high level Analytical ability where problems are unusual or difficult.
- 10+ years of experience in Vehicle Configuration
- Experience in working with global regions
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.