Are you a critical thinking, problem solver with process simplification mentality? As a member of the Investment Services team at General Motors Asset Management (GMAM), you will work collaboratively with internal GM and GMAM team members as well as with external vendors and managers to support the oversight of investment performance. You will produce fiduciary reporting related to various pension plans sponsored by GM and certain affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. As such, you will coordinate, develop/streamline and execute processes. In this role, you will work directly with Operations and Investment leadership teams and partner with controllers, IT, enterprise risk management, legal, and compliance teams, as well as external investment managers, trustees, custodians, and administrators.
Review, Prepare, and distribute various weekly/month-end investment performance reports.
Review monthly performance between external managers and performance agent to ensure alignment.
Prepare client specific quarterly investment reviews
Analyze performance vs. benchmarks.
Utilize third party applications such as Factset, Bloomberg and Caissa.
Participate on task teams relating to performance analytics.
Create and maintain desktop procedures for all tasks.
Support account maintenance processes.
Work with investment teams and performance agent to coordinate production and maintenance of all performance reports.
- 3+ years related experience working in an asset management environment preferably in a performance analyst role
- Experience in calculating and analyzing investment performance using the applicable methodologies across all asset classes (daily time weighted, modified dietz, IRR, etc)
- Ability to create and/or interpret performance attribution reporting utilizing the Brinson models
- Familiar with creating investment performance composites according to the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS)
- A bachelor's degree in business, finance or economics, MBA is preferred. CIPM (Certificate in Investment Performance Measurement) designation from the CFA Institute is a huge plus
- Superior analytical & problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of basic investment related concepts and terminology
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills and basic Word skills; Proficient in PowerBI is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement process improvements
- Exceptional attention to detail
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.