In recent years, GM Information Technology has successfully executed the largest IT transformation in the history of the automotive industry, fully insourcing what once was a nearly completely outsourced IT function. Today GM IT is a dynamic and fast paced organization that designs, develops, and maintains all IT infrastructure, applications and solutions enabling GM’s global operations. Our Mobile engineers work alongside designers and product managers to build and launch new features to support GM’s EV strategy. You will work on large scale apps that run the manufacturing plants. Our engineers use React Mobile, Xamarin, and Cordova to create a world class experience to support GM’s vision. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to advance their careers and be a part of an IT organization focused on innovation, speed and business value.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Full lifecycle application development using standard design patterns/frameworks
- Must have experience as part of a software project delivery effort
- Demonstrate mastery of several programming languages, tools and/or technologies
- Design, develop, and deliver scalable microservices and elegant front ends
- Automates unit/end-to-end testing of software systems within their domain, focused on software quality and maintainability
- Assists with Performance tuning, usability assessment/improvement
- Provides guidance and mentoring of fellow software developers and other team members
- Proactively engage in the identification / remediation of software issues such as code quality, pattern mismatch, and security issues related to the code or solution/configuration
- Integrate software with existing software/systems
- Knowledge of Software testing, quality assurance and solutions testing including automation
- Knowledge of maintaining and debugging live software applications
- Automates testing processes by developing unit test scripts as needed
- Aggressively engage in the identification / remediation of software issues related to code or solutions quality, security, and/or pattern/frameworks and software usability or end user related issues
- Must be experienced with performance Optimization, Test Driven Development, Enterprise software integration patterns and methods, Performance tuning & usability, assessment/improvement
- Minimum 7 years of professional software development experience
- Minimum 3 years of full stack software development experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience with .Net Core, C#.
- Understanding of software engineering practices, design patterns, data structures and algorithms
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Demonstrates experience/knowledge of RESTful web services
- 2+ years leveraging Micro services and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- 2+ years utilizing industry standard DB technologies
- Java, Spring Boot
- React/Angular/Vue, Jest/Cypress/Jasmine
- Kubernetes/Cloud, Docker, Micro services
- SQL, Messaging (Kafka, Pulsar, RabbitMQ), Maven, Postgres
- TFS, Azure Dev Ops, Nodejs
- Distributed Cache (Redis), Logging/Analytics (ELK)
- CSS Preprocessors, Front End Architecture
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.