Remote: Position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
Do you imagine a world of zero crashes, zero emissions and zero congestion? We do! To reach this ambitious goal we need to build a modern vehicle computing platform that is capable to integrate all the advanced features like active safety, driving assistance systems, infotainment, connectivity, and vehicle motion. This new platform Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) shall seamlessly connect in-vehicle computing controls with cloud and edge computing resources.
Our team is looking for a detailed and passionate Senior Developer – Commercial/Fleet Services to join us in our mission! Your responsibilities include understanding and implementation of the use cases, software design execution and software verification (unit testing/ software integration testing, etc.). This individual will develop vehicle abstraction layer and feature applications for Software Defined Vehicles. We particularly focus using modern software techniques to design optimized software in service-oriented architecture (SOA) based on model-based system design.
- Full lifecycle application development using standard frameworks and coding standards/patterns
- Coding, unit testing and debugging applications in various software languages. Java Preferred
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation (CI/CD)
- Document software code and ensure that user documentation i.e. configuration guides, install guides meet requirements
- Knowledge of maintaining and debugging live software applications
- Integrate software with existing systems
- Maintain standards compliance
- Implement modernization of software
- Proactively engage in the remediation of software issues such as code quality, pattern mismatch, and security issues related to the code/configuration
- Automates testing processes
- Work closely with Architects, Senior developers.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry and Microsoft Azure an advantage
- Minimum 7 years of professional software development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science and Engineering or related field, or, equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience
- Good understanding of software development standard methodologies
- Strong in Java back end and in front end framework technologies
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Design and Development of applications in Java/J2EE/Python/Spring boot/PCF/Kafka/Hadoop
- Knowledge in solutions like Kafka/pulsar/Cassandra
- Working Knowledge of web frameworks (e.g JQuery, Angular, React) and web development experience an advantage
- Possess excellent communication skills to interface with multiple cross-functional teams
- Have desire to increase technological advancements in the Software Defined Vehicle space and strong sense of ownership of results
FOR GM INTERNAL CANDIDATES: This role is posted at both at the 7th level. The determination by HR and the Hiring Manager as to whether an offer will be lateral or promotional will be based on a candidate’s relevant experience and whether the role will amount to a significant increase in level of responsibility.
Compensation: The compensation information is a good faith estimate only. It is based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid in accordance with Colorado law. The compensation may not be representative for positions located outside of Colorado.
The median level of salary compensation for this role is $113,760.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.