This is a Hybrid position within our IT Organization. The role allows employees to work remotely, but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to live within a commutable distance from the innovation center they are selected for. Relocation will be provided as needed.
• We’re dedicated to achieving our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion. We are looking for people who are passionate about helping us create safer, better and more sustainable solutions for personal mobility. Our bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
• Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. We are proud to support our employees’ volunteering interests, and make it a priority to join together in giving back to the communities we live and work in.
The Sr. Systems Analyst is responsible for a set of existing apps. These Apps may be COTS, Custom Developed or a combination of COTS+Custom. The App upgrades include COTS version upgrades as well as upgrades to keep up with the technology and security standards. This role will contribute to all development activities including estimation, design, coding, testing, certification, documentation and deployment. This role will involve a great deal of creativity and initiative. For this role you are expected to have demonstrated success in software project delivery experience in leading or participating in technical efforts developing, deploying and maintaining applications using a variety of tools, languages, frameworks and technologies
You will have the opportunity to work hands-on various aspects of App Ownership. You will coach/mentor software developers and will review the software being developed. This role will also work closely with other IT teams including Architects, Operations, Infrastructure, Security as well as Vendors and Business.
· Be the App Owner for 10-20 apps and perform all App Owner duties for the assigned apps
· Maintain standards compliance including 5-Star compliance for all assigned apps
· Proactively engage in the remediation of software issues such as code quality and security issues for the assigned Apps
· Provide Level-2/Level-3 support for the assigned apps
· Although most of the coding is done by the Shared Development Center, still need to participate in code reviews, Unit/System Integration/User Acceptance Testing and Deployment activities, as needed
· Document software code and ensure that technical documentation i.e. Configuration guides, Installation Guides, Technical Architecture Diagram etc are updated by respective SME
· Support the IT Portfolio process by providing input including estimation for the future work
· Participate in the Business and IT Strategy Development for the assigned apps
· As the IT Innovation Owner, work with the Business, Vendor and IT teams to create and maintain Application Roadmap
· Provide guidance and mentoring to fellow software developers and other team members
· Hold themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors
· Model GM behaviors and builds a winning culture
· 7+ years of professional experience with Enterprise Application Management or Application Development
· Experience implementing and supporting COTS based solutions including leveraging COTS APIs
· Some hands-on experience with coding, debugging and troubleshooting in a complex IT environment
· Ability to understand Application Architecture, IT Infrastructure and IT Processes
· Experience working in an agile environment
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
· Experience coding in one of these languages: C/C++/C#, Java, JS
· Comfortable working at the server-level in Linux or Windows environment
· Familiarity with TFS/ADO Build Pipeline, Deployment Automation, Backlog Grooming and Agile execution
· Familiarity with GM IT Tools and processes as it pertains to Code development and deployment
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or protected veteran status.
**Open to candidates in the Metro-Detroit area - where majority of our Labs are located.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.