As a Stamping Shift Leader, you will have Supervisory responsibility for a medium/large group of employees in the implementation and execution of the established business process for an area in the production / maintenance operations and foster an atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation. Work is of a technical nature using independent judgment within the limits of GMS; focusing on Safety, People, Quality, Responsiveness, Cost, and Environment (SPQRCE). Possess the ability to deal with complex problems. Supervise a small / medium group of salaried employees involved in multiple departments/processes. May need to manage across multiple shifts.
You will maintain awareness of quality standards, and communicate department quality goals, and leverages resources to solve quality issues. You will build and maintain good working relationships with employees, union and management, and understand to consistently administer the National and Local Agreements between General Motors and the United Auto Workers Union. Implements and follows systems that prevent reoccurrence of known issues.
- Responsible for the effective use of personnel, material, and equipment
- Participate in the selection of new employees and trains, develops and evaluates salaried and hourly employees, and the development of highly effective teams
- Leads Global Manufacturing Systems(GMS) processes across a Stamping department and serve as lead resource supporting launch and pilot activities in assigned areas
- Meets or exceeds production / maintenance cost schedule and maintains quality requirements
- Promote safe work practices and achieve objectives for ergonomics, health and safety and housekeeping. Motivates, trains and develops employees to effectively perform their jobs utilizing standardized methods
- Ensure team members receive adequate JIT (job instruction training)
- Achieve production schedules and product requirements by applying lean manufacturing/synchronous principles with emphasis on variation reduction, control costs, and achieve productivity improvements
- Coach, teach, counsel and mentor first line Group Leaders in these responsibilities.
Stamping Shift leader role requires responsibility for entire shift. Leader of maintenance and production group leaders.
Bachelor's Degree is required.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.