Factory ZERO is our first, all-electric automotive assembly plant and the blueprint of General Motors' electric future! We have a corporate vision of “Zero crashes, Zero emissions, Zero congestion.” Our most novel products like the Hummer EV and Silverado EV will be assembled right in this facility. This requires us to employ the most upbeat, capable, and innovative talent to ensure we meet the challenges of developing the new manufacturing processes required to assemble these amazing products! We offer a dynamic and inclusive work environment that questions the status-quo daily to strengthen our reputation. Selected candidates will have the opportunity to learn new skills and actively play an integral role in the development of new processes here at Factory Zero.
As the Supply Chain launch leader, you are responsible for running and maintaining all GSC launch related items and functions. You will be required/responsible for line side presentation and delivery, Storage location, equipment analysis and labor, banking and service requirements, CMA, Pre-kitting, and small Lot quantities. The Launch Manager, develops and maintains material DLOC, footprint and flow for in-plant functional evaluation builds and manufacturing validation, through acceleration. This position is a people leader position and will have two (2) to eight (8) direct reports. This position will lead cross functionally and report directly to the Supply Chain Senior Manager.
- Lead and facilitate the daily launch conference calls to implement quick resolution of all issue involving, supplier quality or capacity issues, container issues, transportation issues, GM schedule to supplier issues.
- Lead Material Launch Readiness Team (MLRT) with cross-functional members to provide information, direction and prioritize during each phase of the program cycle.
- Coordinate supply chain execution plan for intercontinental suppliers (including, container, logistics, 3rd party storage, and scheduling systems capability).
- Responsible for developing Master Dot Plan for Every Part (PFEP) & action item
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, effective project planning in terms of resources, strategies, cost, and time, with ability to meet project timelines
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals
- Coordinates input from internal/external customers to better understand customer needs and/or perceptions
- Actively identifies new areas for learning and takes advantage of learning opportunities
- Develop and maintain material launch readiness wall
- Conduct PFEP Validation Checkpoint at the assembly plant at the appropriate timing.
- Present Supply Chain PQRR Status and MQRR.
- Select, Supervise, and Coordinate the activities of the Plant Material Launch Coordinator’s and any bargaining unit support.
- Track plant pre-production budget for any GSC related items/expenses
- Assist in coordinating the no hit/multi hit paper build process at assembly plant.
- Provide Material input into Production Launch Team Workshop
- Confirm integration of part presentation strategies and LMS container designs developed in IV with planned Material processes.
- Identify and validate critical production containers during IV.
- Validate and support sequencing, subassembly, and VAA strategies/planning including:
- Support the readiness process to ensure material availability for PPV, MVB and SORP
- Ensure vehicle shipping plan is in place and NA Logistics have developed transportation plans to support the program —Logistics ownership
- Ensures the Containerization Plan is developed and implemented for all commodities including an adequate return route
- Track and report the parts' status for the various builds during the program cycle (SV, FE, IV, Manufacturing Validation MRD’s and Acceleration) and develop plan for containment of Pre-Production materials and obsolete parts
- Work with Global Containers on niche, powertrain, standard and intercontinental container designs, and designation while ensuring appropriate buy off signatures.
- Assist IE in establishing delivery routes and process for bulk and small lot containers within the Plant (i.e., dolly exchange, lightweight and tuggable, etc.) to include GMOS studies.
- Support Containerization Validation Process, EWO/TWO process, and CAB.
- High functional capability with supply chain office and floor systems – MGO, EPS, PPS, VBIMS, GEPICS, etc.
- 3-5 Minimum years’ experience in Automotive Manufacturing
- Strong understanding of supply chain and lean material processes; Logistics (LLP processes), Receiving, Internal Material Flow, Scrap, Obsolescence, etc.
- Knowledge of basic manufacturing, assembly processes, work measurement and work standards
- Proven technical and professional skills in job-related area required
- Experience with GMS SLT implementation and execution
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.