Who you are:
• Customer focused experience to work with architects from across organization and domains to facilitate solution using new technologies.
Responsible to own the architecture of the solution end to end including vehicle, back office, call center application and consumer mobile application.
• Responsible for documentation and comprehension of the current and future state application and/or infrastructure architectures for the assigned features.
• Ensures that designed or reviewed solutions conform to architectural requirements such as scalability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility, usability and security.
• Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and crafts a winning culture.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science or Engineering) or relevant proven experience.
- 3+ years of experience in information technology developing and architecting highly available, service-oriented and event-driven architecture solutions for an enterprise.
- Minimum 7+ years of professional software development experience
- At least 7 years experience writing Java/J2EE, Spring Boot and leading development teams
- Experience in Java, Microservices, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes.
Proven understanding of design patterns and software development best practices
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills, organizational and interpersonal skills and a sense of ownership and drive. Ability to identify and drive to resolution issues and risks.
- Encouraged to have a solid understanding of general architectural patterns, technologies and architecture management processes.
- Experience with failure mode and effects analysis
- Experience with security architectures and designs
What is Better :
- Masters degree (Computer Science or Engineering) or relevant proven experience.
- Expertise with gRPC, Kubernetes, Akka, and Kafka/Pulsar technologies but not required.
- Experience with WebRTC, Websockets but not required
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.