Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired. This position requires an employee to be onsite minimum of 1-3 times per week.
Do you have a passion for Innovation? Do you enjoy crafting unique and highly technical engineering solutions to address unusual challenges and delight our customers? Imagine what is possible, when joining forces with multi-disciplinary team members working together to achieve the same goal!
Come join our Voice Technology Systems Engineering team who is positioning GM to lead the industry in providing our customers with the best integrated Virtual Personal Assistant (VPA) solutions. We provide our customers the choice of their preferred digital ecosystem, both inside and outside of the vehicle. We strive to be the best in class for speech recognition performance and voice performance.
In this role, you'll be leading Speech Recognition technologies onto the vehicle and focusing on virtual assistants (i.e., Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, Enhanced Siri), with a particular emphasis on the integration of Voice Biometrics features and functionality. You'll be developing specifications, creating traceable requirements to drive technical solutions, and ensuring performance that result in a product exceeding our customer expectations.
- Define, scope, plan, create and deliver Feature Initiatives, System Technical Specifications, System DFMEA, Function Module Requirements, and all relevant deliverables per System Engineering processes with quality, and within schedule and cost goals.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders (i.e., Safety, Cyber Security, UI/UX, Body/Vehicle controls, CCMS, CX, Purchasing, Domain Leads, DREs, SW development and verification, Project/Program management, and Validation Teams) to define functional and performance requirements, high level architecture designs, and supporting the development execution, along with being a key member of the team to lead Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers to ensure compliance to meet/exceed system requirements.
- Initiate and lead RAD (Requirements and Architecture Development) phase of assigned change requests to support feature set. Support sizing guidelines, and risk mitigation.
- Develop and collaborate the initial plans with suppliers and internal GM cross functional teams regarding the certification testing of Voice Biometrics solutions, be able to execute these tests as required for the short term, and plan for ultimately how this certification will be performed within GM long term.
- Perform voice biometric evaluations, data collections, analysis, and studies. Formulate new algorithms for simulation and collaborate with other GM internal teams to integrate this capability within a PC based performance simulation and verification.
- Protect GM Intellectual Property and work towards development of novel and more efficient Voice Biometrics Solutions.
- Assist the broader GM team in the prioritization of Virtual Assistants and Voice Biometrics related defects, and drive partners toward bug resolution within GVDP milestones and program commitments.
- Stay abreast of new technology and competitive products
- Participate, contribute, and deliver on the speech and voice biometrics technology roadmap
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical degree
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience defining requirements, developing solutions, and implementing on vehicle solutions with Speech Recognition, Virtual Assistants, and/or Voice Biometric technologies
- Understanding of automotive infotainment system operation and interaction with external, embedded ECUs
- Prior experience with vehicle infotainment systems, CAN, Automotive Ethernet and A2B network
- Knowledge of Android framework and development
- Knowledge and use of SAFe, Agile based development
- Knowledge of Speech Sciences and Processing, Voice Biometrics, Speech Synthesis, Voiceprint Enrollment. Awareness of Audio Signal Processing is a plus.
- Experience with MATLAB and other statistical analysis tools such as SPSS, Microsoft BI and MS Excel Pivot Tables.
- Experienced with embedded automotive modules and integration at the vehicle level
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required
- Exhibits appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.