This is a Hybrid Position which does not require you to be on-site full-time. This role enables you to work at a GM facility as required and off-site as needed.
- Build strong semiconductor supply base partner working relationships ensuring clear understanding of technical and manufacturing roadmaps. Overlay enterprise technology development roadmaps and manufacturing plans with industry forecasts.
- Lead benchmarking activities via hardware tear-down and industry networking to establish view on future technology roadmaps for key competitors.
- Build partnerships and work closely with functional peers across hardware/software engineering and purchasing to establish strategic enterprise technology roadmap.
- Collaborate closely with corporate development team to develop business case driven enterprise investment strategies to manage technology and systemic production gaps.
- Collaborate closely with semiconductor application, foundry, and design teams to develop effective go-forward strategies for each space.
- Lead communications with senior executives to establish consensus on strategic partnership and investment plans.
- Lead our company’s technical talent capability development strategy across all semiconductor related functions. Identify capability development opportunities and collaborate with department director and Engineering Group Leaders to recruit component design, application, and manufacturing process level technical expertise.
- Lead component level technical specialists in development of semiconductor engineering standard work, ensuring process, supplier development & requirements documentation quality alignment across the semiconductor engineering space.
Qualifications – Required
- MS in Electrical, Computer, Chemical Engineering or Computer Science
- 10+ years of engineering experience in embedded controls hardware and software design and development
- Strong background in embedded controls hardware and software design
- Strong technical experience in semiconductor design and/or process development
- Exceptional collaboration skillset; demonstrated exceptional ability for working across functional and organizational boundaries
- Proven exceptional industry engagement & network development experience
- Proven exceptional supplier partnership and technical capability development
Qualifications – Preferred
- Direct technical people leader and skillset development experience
- Relevant Awarded Patent(s) and/or Publication(s)
- Written letters of endorsement by senior GM executives & industry leaders
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.