Remote: This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) group supports the definition, design, and development of continuously improving mobility services. SDV is new vehicle intelligence platform that will underpin all our future innovations across a wide range of technological advancements, including EVs and expanded automated driving. This means that you can potentially put a fingerprint on the vehicles that drive down the road! This space is ripe with technical leadership opportunities for advanced technology development, as well as the ability to provide mentorship for new employees. You can flex your teamwork muscles as you will be tasked with working with several other areas of engineering, IT, and the business!
- Supports and Leads and generates technical solutions including specifying of requirements, functional decomposition, analysis, development and testing for current, new and major programs
- Lead development of software system team design content and software anomaly corrections.
- Performs complex design analysis
- Specifies and balances system requirements
- Provide, communicate, and support common best practices among software community
- Performs as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for at least one platform or application component
Minimum bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related degree.
Experience with complex software verification and validation
Experience managing complex projects end to end
Relevant validation, software testing, safety or systems engineering experience with advanced technology with software
Launch experience on program team
Release experience and/or EGM of SMT
Appropriate interpersonal skills and communication methods to work effectively and collaborate cross-functionally
Extensive understanding of the Global Vehicle Development Process
High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex.
Able to work efficiently under high amount of work/stress.
Specific knowledge of engineering discipline (e.g. mechanics, physics, metallurgy, manufacturing methods, electronics, software, control systems)
Knowledge of engineering software and systems as it pertains to vehicle development
DFSS Green Belt Certification
Experience working with SAFe framework
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.