The Telematics Integration engineer team mission is to ensure the Telematics design is thoroughly tested prior to release to the marketplace. In this role, you'll use knowledge of the design to challenge the module with corner case tests, and testing design robustness.
What You Do:
- Ensure supplier’s design meets GM requirements and integrates well with the rest of the vehicle electrical system.
- Analyze the design and develop test plan/environment/procedures to test all aspects of the connectivity platform.
- Execution of test plans at bench level and some in-vehicle.
- Triage issues to the appropriate owner for corrective action (platform SW from supplier versus application SW from GM SW team). Generate adequate logs and traceability for functional debug and analysis.
- Develop test scripts for platform stress testing and innovate ways to identify/test the corner cases for successful launch.
- Reproduction and triage of issues found in pre-production and post-production. Verification of engineering build level SW that addresses those issues.
- Keep integration lab updated with the necessary tools/materials to ensure all functionality can be exhaustively tested on future platforms.
What You need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Embedded Systems or equivalent
- 5 + years of technical skills in relevant engineering disciplines (eg. Software Test/Validation Engineer, Software Integration Engineer)
- Background understanding embedded architectures and microcontrollers, low level software and hardware interfaces
- Experience or knowledge of domain architecture and modular design
- Deep understanding of OS and Kernel architecture are a plus (eg, QNX, Linux, OSEK, Android, VxWorks etc.)
- Overall understanding of the hardware system, I/Os , debugging and log analysis
- Experience in scripting languages like Python, Java script
- Experience in vehicle interfaces (CAN, AUTOSAR) and exposure to safety standard ISO26262 desirable.
- Experience in automotive test tools (VSPY, CANOE) are a plus.
- Understanding in protocols like TCP/IP, Ethernet, etc desirable.
What is Even Better
- Demonstrate excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and suppliers to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work in multiple and complex projects and assignments with high level of autonomy and accountability for results
- Demonstrates initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.