This is a Hybrid position within our IT Organization. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to commute to the innovation center to which they are assigned as their primary GM facility. Relocation may be provided."
For all external applicants, we are targeting a start date on or after January 10th 2022 for this position.
In recent years, GM Information Technology has successfully executed the largest IT transformation in the history of the automotive industry, fully insourcing what once was a nearly completely outsourced IT function. Today GM IT is a dynamic and fast paced organization that designs, develops and maintains all IT infrastructure, applications and solutions enabling GM’s global operations. From designing and building the next generation of electric and other vehicles to developing a world-class GM experience for our dealers and customers, GM IT is driving real change in the most iconic automaker on the planet. Our team delivers unique enterprise-wide IT solutions in cutting-edge technologies such as mobility, telematics, mission-critical business systems, supercomputing, cloud, vehicle engineering and real-time computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to advance their careers and be a part of an IT organization focused on innovation, speed and business value.
The TDM Engineer, is a technical expert in analysis, design, coding and debugging of TDM provisioning solutions using TDM methodologies and commercial TDM products like IBM Optim. Required to perform Test Data Management functions of Data Setup on existing applications, developing methods for day-to-day data provisioning, build frameworks for Data Mining and Data Reservation, architect TDM (Test Data Management) solutions for data provisioning for Domain and Enterprise wide applications including Data Discovery, Data Masking and Data Subset and architect Gold Copy databases and Data Stores for quick data provisioning.
- Data model analysis of large databases
- Create subset plan and build subset queries for large databases
- Sensitive data analysis for PHI, PCI & PII data for large databases
- Build Data Masking Rules and Seed lists
- Develop and Build Data Subset, Data Masking and Data Generation jobs using IBM Optim
- Build custom code as needed to support TDM solution
- Build and maintain Gold copy databases
- 5+ Years of experience as TDM Engineer or ETL Developer
- Extensive knowledge of SQL, test data design and test data management tools with a proven history of providing effective test data solutions
- Experience with data masking / obfuscation
- Experience in integrating with DevOps
- Experience with any commercial TDM tool like Informatica TDM or IBM Optim or Talend TDM or Delphix or FileAID EX or CA TDM
- Proficient in Java, UNIX Shell Scripting & Windows Scripting
- Knowledge of relational database design, programming and information retrieval techniques; Solid experience in writing complex SQL queries, insert/update statements
- Expertise on Oracle, SQL Server, DB2
- Experience with IBM Optim
- Experience with IBM Optim
- 5+ Years' experience
The successful candidate will play a key role in expanding and modernizing test data management framework and processes and will be accountable for designing, building, and implementing TDM solutions
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.