Hands-on opportunity in a state of the art automated facility. Testing and Process engineer will maintain equipment while developing and implementing improvements. Consult on future equipment where a considerable amount of creativity and initiative is exercised. The Testing and process engineer will support, exercise technical direction within the engineering and maintenance team.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Utilize a Think Safety mindset following all aspects of the GM WSS process
- Evaluate various mechanical, electrical and leak test equipment and processes for both production and pre-production operations within the Brownstown Battery Assembly Plant
- Support/conduct the maintenance, troubleshooting and verification of test equipment
- Work collaboratively with Product Engineering and Central Engineering to resolve issues and refine test processes
- Technical SME (Subject Matter Expert) for the equipment advising on predictive, preventative and reactive maintenance activities
- Work with equipment supplier in the design, assembly and buy-off of new test equipment
- Support PFMEA, TPM and TIP for test equipment
- Coordinate the spare parts strategy for test equipment
- Support and implement 100% GMS Compliance, in a BIQ4 facility
- Support and follow the GM WSS processes
- Ability to understand electrical test control drawings and auto cad
- Understanding of machine and product controls architecture
- Knowledge of electrical testing systems, data acquisition, and data analysis of production components
- Ability and willingness to work non-standard hours (early morning, late evenings and some weekends and holidays).
- Initiative to reach beyond current assignment and improve the output and/or help others
- Strong Analytical Problem Solving Skills
- Hands on engineering mindset
- 3+ Years Engineering Experience
- Preferred experiences include: Electrical Test Stand, Controls Experience, Transmission/Engine Test, Battery Power Inverter or Electric Motor Systems Knowledge
- Bachelor Science in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience required.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.