- Single Point contact for emission compliance issues to product groups
- Develop and Execute Emission Compliance Strategy
- Certification Plan Documented and Statused.
- Lead/Attend monthly compliance team meetings to support execution of compliance certification plans (Cert integration, PAPIR, etc)
- Identify deviations from plan and work with affected parties to develop recovery plans and to manage risk
- Support Chief Engineer (CE), Assistant CE’s, Lead Development Engineers, and Product engineering Manager in readiness reviews with respect to Certification / Compliance
- Manage vehicle build requirements/orders/vehicle updates and Test execution plan for Certification / Compliance
- Execute certification compliance test plan for assigned Test groups and Fuel Economy Labels
- Create and maintain GM Corporate official emission and Fuel Economy documents and records, including: vehicle maintenance logs and engineering reports, as necessary
- Responsible for collecting and tracking AECD information and assembling documentation to be submitted to compliance agencies
- Create and Submit “Application for Certification” to USEPA and CARB.
- Maintain GM Corporate, Information Life Management (ILM), official documentation of emission compliance activities
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS Engineering with 5 years’ experience
- Functional knowledge of engines, emission control hardware, propulsion system embedded controls and diagnostics
- Excellent verbal and written communications and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to concurrently manage multiple complex projects and assignments with autonomy and accountability for results
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, and root cause analysis skills, especially where problems are unusual and difficult
- DFSS Green Belt Certification
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 5 years engineering experience related to emission controls and/or diagnostics release, development/verification, certification, and/or compliance
- Experience as company representative to Government agencies and/or industry associations
- DFSS Black Belt
- Action Oriented
- Builds Relationships
- Drives for Results
- Technical/Professional Expertise
- Displays High Integrity and Honesty
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Business Acumen
- Interpersonal Savvy
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.