Remote: This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
Do you imagine a world of zero crashes, zero emissions and zero congestion? We do! To reach this ambitious goal we need to build a modern vehicle computing platform that integrates advanced features like active safety, driving assistance systems, infotainment, connectivity, and vehicle motion. This new platform (Ultifi) will seamlessly connect in-vehicle computing controls with cloud and edge computing resources.
Our team is looking for a detailed and passionate Full Stack QA Engineer for our new Ultifi Web Portal to join us in our mission! Our team works in agile, multi-functional, collaborative environments. All team members must demonstrate GM’s Cultural Behaviors of accountability, collaboration, integrity, and inclusion.
As an Ultifi Full Stack QA Engineer you will be accountable for understanding requirements, writing/updating test cases, executing test cases, opening quality defects, triage support, troubleshooting customer feedback and provide innovative test solutions and SME support for features assigned within the defined SAFe agile program increments. There will be ample opportunities to expand on your technical experience, with extensive exposure to the GM business teams and processes. The ideal candidate for this role will possess a passion for technology and a desire to improve our vehicle capability through the Ultifi web portal while putting focus on the following:
- SAFe Agile software methodology
- Test plan development, and procedures that comprehend the development portal with end-to-end use cases
- DevOps, Continuous Testing, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery framework for the release of the development portal
- Analyze defects, determine root cause, report them to the development team, test, perform peer reviews and verify closure.
- Utilize automated test tools in build environments and testing end to end functionality
- Coordinate and collaborate with departments outside engineering, such as IT, Systems & Safety Engineering, Electrical Architecture, Calibration and Vehicle Performance
- Working efficiently and effectively, to identify defect and risk that should be addressed during development test and for release readiness.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical degree
- 2+ years of full stack QA experience
- Experience with agile teams to deliver software (including participation in code reviews)
- Experience with test case authoring
- Development methodologies (Reusable Code, Code Review, Unit Testing)
- Source control software (Git or TFS).
- Experience with CI/CD technologies and build pipelines
- Strong technical communication skills
- Emerging partnership and collaboration skills showing ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Experience or knowledge of the one or more tools from each grouping:
- AngularJS, Angular2 or ReactJS, Docker
- Frameworks like SpringBoot and ExpressJS
- Jira, and/or other build and release pipelines
- Jenkins, Artifactory, Black Duck, SonarQube, Kafka, HashiCorp, Pulsar
- Experience in software validation
- Web development experience
- Full stack code delivery throughout the full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience with edge, cloud, IoT technologies, operating systems, OS internals, OS design, virtualization technologies, containerization/container development
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.