- Establish vehicle electrical system requirements and establish vehicle physical/functional partitioning
- Allocate functional requirements to subsystems
- Select the electrical architecture to support requirements
- Establish Energy Management strategy
- Specify and balance system requirements
- Ensure the power generation and storage system meets vehicle level requirements using EPSSIM
- Diagnose and correct electrical system deficiencies using CAE tools
- Assist in failure mode and effects analysis
- Attend Product Development Team meetings to ensure deliverables and timing are met
- Provides program specific requirements for sourcing process
- Provides technical background in wiring supplier technical reviews
- Create the vehicle Power and Ground Electrical Distribution Designs (BECs, Prefuses, etc.)
- Select the Wire Gages and Circuit Protection Strategy to meet requirements.
- Create Mechanizations, Schematics and Harness Netlists to support Vehicle
Required Skills / Experience / Education:
- Candidate should have one of the following engineering degrees: BSE, BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Chemistry, Metallurgical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Aeronautical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Physics, or Materials Engineering
- 2 years of post graduation engineering experience required. 5 years strongly preferred. Experience in Power Signal or Automotive Product Electrical Engineering including experience releasing electrical components
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
- Experience using Mentor Capital a plus
- Knowledge of engineering software and systems as it pertains to job-related area
- Ability to travel up to 5%
- Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.