Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. This position requires an employee to be on-site approximately 3 times per week.
The Team: The Mechatronic Software Platform Organization leads a mission to create a robust mechatronic software infrastructure which will enable GM to deliver features and functions that will excite and delight our customers. We are an engaged, inclusive, and innovative team that adapts to challenges and works together to enable the enterprise to deliver and test application code frequently and efficiently to support our Software Defined Vehicle future. These are exciting times and we want you to be a part of our mission!
This is a brand new and rapidly growing organization working to create and define solutions to complex issues at a very rapid pace. To accomplish our goals, we are looking for motivated and innovative thinkers to fill multiple openings in roles similar to those defined below.
Our team is creating Basic infrastructure software (BSW) that enables our software-defined-vehicle on state-of-the-art microcontrollers and SOCs. We are on the forefront of the future of our mechatronic infrastructure platform software developing and inventing simultaneously. Some of the things you may work on include ethernet switches and communication protocols, Diagnostics, cybersecurity, and new foundational software critical to our future vehicle electrical architecture.
As Senior Infrastructure Software Engineer in the Mechatronic Software and Integration Team, you will be responsible for software design and code construction using sound, repeatable, industry standard methodologies. Your tasks will include prototyping and executing software tasks spanning the entire software development lifecycle, such as requirements analysis, design, coding, support of defect resolution, and production release. We are looking for creative people with strong technical expertise in automotive embedded software to join a highly capable team focused on leading-edge technology solution development.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent Engineering degree
- 5+ years of experience in embedded software development using C / C++
- Software development experience in Automotive Diagnostic Communication Protocol Standards (ISO14229, ISO15765, ISO13400 etc.,)
- Must have experience with developing, configuring and testing AUTOSAR BSW Layers
- Hand on experience in using AUTOSAR configuration tools (e.g. EB Tresos, Vector DaVinci)
- Good understanding about Automotive Legislated OBD Standards (SAE J1979, J1979-2, etc.,)
- Ability to read schematics and understand basic electrical circuits
- Proven ability to work independently under a tight, demanding schedule
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others
- High level of analytical problem-solving skills
- 7+ years of experience in automotive embedded software development
- Experience with automotive communication protocols such as Ethernet, CAN and LIN
- Experience in Scaled Agile Framework for enterprise (SAFe) process.
- Knowledge in vehicle electrical system
- Experience with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) for multi-core microcontroller.
- Experience with designing, developing, and testing AUTOSAR BSW Layers (Communication Services, Memory Services, System Services and Complex Device Drivers).
- Experience with embedded compiler, linker, debugging tools, and software such as Lauterbach, ETAS INCA, CANalyzer, oscilloscopes, and other general lab equipment.
- Experience with configuration management software (GIT, etc)