General Motors Subsystems LLC – Factory Team Member – Regular (Full Time)
Factory Team Members are hardworking and ambitious workers who are responsible for assembly, machining, quality checks, tool changes, and problem solving of manufacturing processes and equipment. Team members are also functioning in a manufacturing team environment where Global Manufacturing System (GMS) principles are highly integrated.
Wages And Benefits:
- Starting wage is $18.50 per hour with annual increases up to the max wage of $22 per hour after 6 years
- Shift Premiums (2nd shift $.25/hr. and 3rd shift $.50/hr.)
- Immediate health care for self (including dental and vision)
- Holiday and Vacation pay after 90 days
- GM recognized holidays (approximately 15 per year)
- 1 week vacation 1st year and additional accrual up to a max of 4 weeks with years worked
- Eligible for annual profit-sharing bonus
- Eligible for 401K contributions
Must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the essential knowledge, skill, ability and/or physical demands required. Additional or different requirements may exist in this role.
- Understand, support and execute all work in a safe manner and contribute to a culture that promotes safety as its overriding priority.
- Ensure information sharing between Group/Teams/Areas with overlapping processes and interfacing parts.
- Lead and own job changes needed for the new program in their areas
- Attending Launch Team meetings as required by the Launch Team
- Use and operate equipment such as fork truck or tugger to load, unload, transfer and move materials within an assembly plant. This equipment could operate at heights of up to 35 feet.
- Perform a variety of duties, including:
- Always maintain proper materials to ensure all items are staged in the order in which they expire (oldest to newest).
- Select correct parts utilizing a computer system.
- Sequence parts utilizing error-proofing computer system.
- Participated in ongoing inventory control activities including cycle counting, inventory management and analysis.
- Assist in reviewing and/or updating documentation for related processes.
- Participate in required training.
- Read, comprehend, and follow written, standardized work instructions and trained procedures.
- Work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
- Learn new tasks and adapt to frequent job duty changes as required by business and manpower demands.
- Complete tasks within designated timeframes to meet operational expectations.
- Work in a dynamic and fast-paced warehousing plant environment.
- Regularly report for work on time to support startup and throughput goals.
- Possess good physical stamina and coordination. Specific physical requirements of the position include the ability to:
- Walk and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Read standardized work instructions, operate machines, equipment, and tools, and perform quality checks.
- Promptly detect and respond to safety instructions, alarms, and signals.
- Wear personal protective equipment, for example: safety glasses, gloves, ear plugs, and appropriate shoes.
- Work in a loud assembly plant environment.
- Frequently and repetitively:
- Bend, twist, kneel, crouch and reach to perform work.
- Lift or carry materials weighing up to 15 pounds and periodically carry or lift materials weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Occasionally sit, climb stairs, and drive vehicles and equipment.
Additional Job Description
- These are full-time permanent positions working as a direct employee of General Motors Subsystems LLC.
- Candidates must be willing to work any shift
- Overtime hours on those shifts are common and may be available with little notice.
- Weekend and holiday (premium pay) shifts are regularly expected, but not continuously
Interested individuals must meet the following minimum qualifications :
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors Subsystems LLC hiring process requirements which include drug testing and a background check
- At least 18 years of age
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Good English proficiency to listen, read, and follow work and safety instructions
- Must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day, afternoon, or night shift as well as overtime hours on those shifts with little notice
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU NEED OR WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP TO WORK OR TO REMAIN EMPLOYED AT GM (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.).