We are looking for experienced and motivated candidates for the role of New Technology Development Bench Lead within the Vehicle Integration & Validation organization.
This role is responsible for leading bench development activity to support vehicle integration, and validation, as well as ADAS/AD validation. This position involves high level of collaboration with teams throughout General Motors including System, Vehicle Performance and Calibration. And it requires a deep understanding of Hardware-in-the-Loop test as they apply to systems and vehicle integration and validation. A balance of technical theory with practical limitation skills and the ability to think outside the box to find simple yet exciting solutions is paramount.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with stakeholders to identify requirements, schedule, and deploy bench development to enable vehicle design, development, and validation sign off.
- Develop and integrate ECU models and perform vehicle integration and validation test based on requirements.
- Design, develop, verify, and execute test suites.
- Provide support for released test suites, including detailed documentation, and assist users with testing and troubleshooting.
- Assist initiatives to benchmark and adopt next-generation Hardware-in-the-Loop and virtual technology and tools.
- Escalates issues quickly when roadblocks or execution issues are identified.
Your Skills & Abilities (Required Qualifications)
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- 5-7 years of experience in a Software-in-the-Loop (SiL) or Hardware-in-the-Loop (HiL) test area.
- Expertise with dSPACE SiL and HiL architecture and tools chains, such as ControlDesk, ASM, MontionDesk, and AURELION.
- Proficient in MATLAB/Simulink for Model-based Development and embedded code generation.
- Expertise with ASAM simulation standard and implementation.
- Ability to develop test frameworks and deploy with Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Proven experience with bench functional integration and validation, test execution.
- Strong understanding of ADAS/AD sensors (Radar, Camara, LiDAR), signal conditioning, and data acquisition electronics.
- Advanced knowledge with vehicle communication protocols CAN/CANFD, Ethernet, SOME/IP, LVDS etc.
- Experience with ADAS/AD SW integration and validation.
- Knowledge of FuSa as defined with ISO 26262 and for and how to comply with the standard in terms of validation.
- Experience with vehicle diagnostic.
- High level of problem-solving ability where problems are unusual and difficult. Able to identify problems, analyze varying causes of action to determine, recommend and negotiate optimal solutions and execute contingency plans.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others.
- High level of oral and written communication skills.
- Project and Time Management: Manage multiple priorities while maintaining a commitment to the tasks at hand.
What Will Give You a Competitive Edge (Preferred Qualifications)
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience with AutoSar, electrical architecture.
- Working knowledge of the agile Software Development Process.
- Experience with game development software Unity or Unreal.
- Experience with data cloud storage solution.