GM Israel takes a significant part in transforming traditional cars into software-defined vehicles. We shape the face of the future vehicles in diverse fields by developing cutting edge technologies. Within GM Israel, over 850 people working in an hybrid flexible mode on one of the most exciting challenges of our days.
GM is committed to Zero Emission, Zero Crashes and Zero Congestion vision.
About the Group:
Technology Acceleration and Commercialization organization focuses on growing our battery technology reach and access globally in all battery tech segments to ensure GM is in a leading position in chemistry and cell design through investment, collaborations, and partnerships. Within this group, TRP Diagnostics and Prognostics – ALGOLiON focus is developing and releasing the Earliest warning battery hazard detection and prevention software . The group uses ALGOLiON (formerly Israel-based battery software startup and today integral part of GM-Israel) novel algorithms which take data streams from battery management systems to identify anomalies in battery cell performance that may impact the performance of a battery pack or the safety of a vehicle
About the role:
We are seeking a talented software Integration engineer to join our team and play a key role in integrating the various pieces of our solution both internally and to other groups in GM.
What will YOU do:
- Work closely with stakeholders, including software developers, product managers, and clients, to understand integration requirements and objectives.
- Design, develop, and test integration solutions that connect different software systems, databases, APIs, and third-party applications.
- Troubleshoot and resolve integration issues, ensuring a smooth flow of data and transactions between systems.
- Implement best practices for data mapping, data transformation, and data synchronization to ensure data accuracy and consistency across systems.
- Collaborate with the Validation team to conduct integration testing and resolve any identified defects.
- Monitor integration performance and proactively identify opportunities to optimize and enhance integration processes.
Your Skills & Abilities (Required Qualifications)
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Over 3 years of experience as an Integration Engineer or in a similar role with a focus on integrating complex software systems.
- Strong proficiency in programming languages such as C, Python
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot and debug complex integration issues.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies and DevOps practices is a bonus.
If you don’t meet 100% of the requirements below - that’s ok!
We believe in hiring by potential, on the job training and development, so, If you find the position exciting and think you can contribute and evolve,
please continue the application! We promise to consider your application even if you are missing a skill or two :-)