Assists in ensuring success of departmental function in a warehouse processing center or distribution center, to provide accurate and timely shipments to customers. Leads and solves problems within the limits of general standards and practices, with some direct guidance from General Supervisor.
What You'll Do
- Promote safe work practices and achieve objectives, health and safety and housekeeping.
- Achieve business results by creating a work environment that fosters a positive and inclusive culture that is based on feedback and recognition.
- GMS, and project management.
- Achieve and maintain GMS OPE Certification.
- Achieve responsiveness and lead time objectives by applying GMS principles.
- Provide a critical role in the implementation of major department initiatives and projects and oversight.
- Assist in the development of the facility and processes using the plan for change and management of change process.
- ORM oversight and management.
Your Skills & Abilities
- 3+ years of Project management Experience and Project management certification preferred
- WSS lead.
- Utilize statistical methods and data to drive continuous improvement.
- LPH and A-R metrics and daily planning to meet goals and objectives.
- Participates in forward planning activities, maintains departmental Business Plan Deployment (BPD) boards, continuously improve team performance in all aspects of the business.
- Maintain strong awareness of quality standards, communicate department quality goals and leverage resources to solve quality problems.
- Drive quality performances through standardized work practices
- Communicate between departments and other business units to implement best practices, resolve problems, and sustain consistent performance to objectives.
- Empower team members to take leadership roles to complete tasks.
- Control costs and achieve productivity improvements.
- Create an environment that encourages individuals to achieve their peak performance and engagement.
- Train, develop and evaluate salaried and hourly employees to effectively perform their jobs utilizing standardized methods.
- Participate in employee relations activities and discipline.
- Participate in the selection of new employees.
- Utilize human resources in accordance with corporate policies and procedures and government regulations.
- Keep up to date of parts distribution center performance reports and costs.
- Support CCA Growth Strategy through exceptional customer experiences
- Perform other tasks, as required.
- Coverage of other Supervisory roles.
- This role is on site in Langley 100% of the time.
Compensation and Benefits:
- GM’s Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs.
- GM’s comprehensive compensation and benefits plan is carefully designed and thoroughly benchmarked against the companies that we compete for talent in the local market .
The goal of the General Motors of Canada total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan currently includes the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and supplemental benefits for pregnancy, parental and adoption leave.
- Healthcare, dental and vision benefits including health care spending account and wellness incentive.
- Life insurance plans to cover you and your family.
- Company and matching contributions to a Defined Contribution Pension plan to help you save for retirement.
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values.
- Tuition Assistance and Employee Assistance Program.
- GM Vehicle Purchase Plan for you, your family and friends.