- Integrates customer-focused needs and brand differentiation into all aesthetic proposals.
- Judges appropriateness of design solutions relative to competitive intelligence, brand strategies, program objectives and customer requirements.
- Work is of a highly technical nature where a high level of independent judgment is used and a great deal of creativity and initiative is needed.
- Orchestrates effective cross-functional and global relationships to effectively manage resources.
- Stays abreast of design trends, technology, production methods and materials.
- Manage all aspects of a program, including, timing, process, interface with engineering, marketing, and other stakeholders and drive results.
- Assess and escalate critical issues for resolution and recommends alternatives.
- Utilize analytical methods to envision a future state for brand, process, technology integration, etc. and communicate effectively with internal and external team members for execution.
- Aggressively “champion” for design related issues and communicate to other stakeholders in the vehicle development process.
- As a role model, provide leadership skills both internally and externally.
- Mentor team members and delegate appropriately.
- Cultivate an inclusive and creative environment in the studio where diverse opinions are welcome and the all functions are treated with equity
- Embrace all aspects of the design and product development business – from operational and budget rigor to design execution and theme exploration. They must lead the business of design
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, and Competencies
- A minimum of 10 years international experience as a transportation design leader with responsibility and successes in the automotive design industry.
- Experience leading teams to the successful completion of full-size properties within in the engineering and design context.
- Knowledge of current trends in design, technology, production methods and materials
- Curiosity about where market and customer taste is trending and the courage to promote innovative and provocative ideas with rigor and rationale
- Capacity to guide exterior and interior design, as well as UX and CMF exploration
- Evidence of excellent management, mentoring and leadership skills.
- Extremely high level of analytical ability where problems are very unusual and extremely difficult
- Demonstrated creative proficiency
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Transportation Design or Product Design.