Sponsorship: GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
The world has changed, and we need your help to change it for the better! The General Motors BrightDrop team is tasked with developing and commercializing smarter ways to deliver goods and decarbonize the last mile. This includes zero emission solutions that will reduce congestion in cities and improve safety, developed in an exciting fast-paced environment backed by the strength of a global automotive leader.
This is a unique opportunity to innovate and scale sustainable solutions to address the world’s mobility challenges. We seek passionate and experienced individuals - come join us and let’s innovate! To learn more about how we’re building smarter ways to deliver goods and services please go to https://www.gobrightdrop.com/.
- Own your individual study of a core strategy and/or inorganic opportunity for BrightDrop, leading the analysis and the creation of presentations and other deliverables
- Work cross-functionally with the Strategy and Corporate Development teams at BrightDrop and within General Motors to evaluate new opportunities, including market sizing, competitive analysis, and capability assessments
- Collaborate with our cross functional partners including Sales, Product, Engineering, and Finance to pressure-test your findings and recommendations
- Pursuit of an MBA
- Must be graduating between December 2024-June 2025
- 2-5 years experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, corporate development, banking, or private equity
- Ability to work fulltime, 40 hours per week
What will give you a Competitive Edge (Preferred qualifications)
- Experience presenting to executive audiences
- Experience leading business cases and/or analytical, data-driven projects
- Experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, or corporate development strongly preferred
- Experience in Automotive and/or Delivery & Logistics industry strongly preferred
- Conscientious self-starter, with a work attitude that exhibits flexibility, initiative, strong judgement and dependability
- Proactive, analytical, problem solver who resolves issues effectively and creatively while maintaining a high degree of integrity, confidentiality, and professionalism
- Strong learning agility with eagerness to jump into a new and ambiguous challenges and bring structure and simplicity to an otherwise complicated process
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, enabling effective communication and presentation
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to support and drive key results as well as mentor junior team members
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Google Workspace suite
- Proficiency in PitchBook and Capital IQ
This position has a planned start date of May/June 2024.
This role offers the following Work Appropriately strategies:
- Location: Palo Alto, CA
Hybrid : Position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time but the general expectation is that the employee be onsite an average of three (3) days each week.
Pay Transparency Language (Compensation)
The salary range for this role is $6200-$6700, dependent upon class status and degree. Benefit options are not available for this role.
Student Stipend: GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to eligible students selected for the 2024 Student Program.