General Motors is transforming the future of mobility – and the Canadian Technical Centre (CTC) is at the forefront of that transformation. We are a diverse team of agile and innovative thought leaders who are passionate about developing key technologies and products that will help achieve GM’s vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion.
CTC has a proven track record of taking technologies from concept to production in both automotive and non-automotive areas. Our success is propelled by our talented people and our deep technical knowledge in domains like infotainment software, diagnostics, data analytics, AI, mechatronic controls, and cold weather development. If you want to work with an inclusive and collaborative team that’s striving to change the world for the better, we invite you to join us.
We are seeking for Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) embedded C++ and Qt developer candidates with different levels of experience ranging from junior to senior.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for development of real time software application for our upcoming infotainment system related to EV, ICE, and autonomous vehicles
- Design and develop the world’s best in-vehicle applications for GM Infotainment systems
- Responsible for the entire software development process of your domain, including requirements, system design, development, deployment, and maintenance of the Infotainment software
- Troubleshoot module/unit level software issues
- Participate in architecture, requirements, design, code, and test case reviews
- Provide clear and complete documentation based on the definition of the software development process
- Collaborate with team members in software development activities using Scrum/Agile/SAFe development process
- 2+ years of experience programming in embedded C++ & Qt. With Kotlin, Java, QML, or other programming languages is preferred
- 2+ years of experience developing applications, embedded solutions, or firmware on QNX or embedded Linux operating systems
- Strong knowledge for RTOS concepts and multi-tasking application development
- Object-oriented software development experience with a proven grasp of algorithms and data structures
- Experience with large code bases, developing entirely new code and maintaining existing code
- Experience with testable software architecture JUnit, Espresso, TDD, MVVM, Clean Architecture
- Experience with SCM tools like GIT, JIRA, SVN or ClearCase
- Experience with Agile/Scrum/SAFe development and tools
- Strong analytical mindset with the ability to perform diagnostic and investigate issues based on limited information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative, well-adapted, strong sense of responsibility, delivery and schedule dedication
- Ability to learn new programming languages, tools, and processes on the fly with clearly defined processes and a self-motivator when there are ambiguity
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering or equivalent field
- Advanced degrees preferred
Other Skills Preferred
- Experience with Android Open Source Project development
- Software experience in Qt Creator
- Developing applications or middleware for mobile platforms like Android or iOS is preferred
- Ability to mentor and lead small development team members
- Software experience in Android Studio/Linux platform
- Development experience in 3D Unreal/Unity/OpenGL ES/Vulkan
- Software development experience in a variety of embedded system
- Experience with scripting, tool development and test automation framework
- Experience with the development of automotive infotainment solutions
- Experience with vehicle communication network protocols including CAN, MOST, LIN
What makes us attractive?
For years, we've dreamed of self-driving cars, chauffeuring us safely from one destination to another. At General Motors, engineers around the world are developing cutting edge technologies that will allow this dream to become a reality. We are driving forward, accelerating change, and opening the door to new thinking and sophisticated technology. Our vision is to craft, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. General Motors of Canada strives for an open, interactive, and dynamic work environment that promotes a rapid exchange of ideas and information. Our employees represent a true cross-section of cultures, demographics, and lifestyles, which help General Motors to succeed worldwide. General Motors of Canada is continually looking for qualified candidates who have the ideas and ambition to drive GM forward as a faster moving, more agile, highly innovative developer, manufacturer, and marketer of automotive components and vehicles.
- When you join one of the largest organizations in the world, you can expect a rewarding experience and benefits on a similar scale. This includes:
- Everything you need to develop your skills and realize your career goals.
- An environment which encourages a balance between work and personal life.
- A culture where collaboration and partnership is developed.
- A competitive total compensation package.
- A comprehensive benefit and retirement savings program to protect you and your family.
- The resources and support you need for your health and well-being.
- A company that is committed to supporting organizations and programs focused on safety, STEM education, community development and environment & energy.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Pre-employment screening will be required.
Accommodation is available to applicants with disabilities. Should you be contacted by General Motors of Canada Company, please advise if you require accommodation.
General Motors of Canada values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Compensation and Benefits:
- GM's Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs.
- GM's comprehensive compensation and benefits plan is carefully designed and thoroughly benchmarked against the companies that we compete for talent in the local market.
- The goal of the General Motors of Canada total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan currently includes the following benefits, in addition to many others.
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and supplemental benefits for pregnancy, parental and adoption leave.
- Healthcare, dental and vision benefits including health care spending account and wellness incentive.
- Life insurance plans to cover you and your family.
- Company and matching contributions to a Defined Contribution Pension plan to help you save for retirement.
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values.
- Tuition Assistance and Employee Assistance Program.
- GM Vehicle Purchase Plan for you, your family and friends.