We are seeking an experienced and passionate Engineering Lead to join General Motors' Global Innovation Team. In this role, you will play a pivotal part in the development and architecture of cutting-edge automotive technology. As a player coach, you will lead a small team of engineers and DevOps professionals, ensuring that projects are executed efficiently, effectively, and in alignment with our vision for the future of mobility. You will report directly to the Head of Product and collaborate closely with the product team to define features and requirements for new products.
- Technical Leadership: Lead a team of full stack developers and DevOps professionals that are comprised of direct and leveraged resources, providing technical guidance, mentorship, and fostering a culture of innovation and collaboration.
- Technical Execution: Build and develop products with high code coverage and quality. Meeting the requirements set by the product team. Test and validate products with customers in the market.
- Project Management: Oversee sprint planning, execution, and delivery, ensuring that projects are completed on time with high velocity.
- Architectural Design: Drive the architectural design of innovative solutions, leveraging cutting-edge technologies to meet industry standards and exceed customer expectations.
- Product Development: Collaborate closely with the Head of Product to define product features and requirements, ensuring alignment with GM's strategic goals and customer needs.
- Team Development: Attract, recruit, and retain top engineering talent, building a high-performing team that consistently delivers high-quality results.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration : Work closely with cross-functional teams, including product management, design, and strategy, to ensure a seamless product development process.
- Technical Expertise: Stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices, and apply this knowledge to drive continuous improvement and innovation within the team.
- Risk Management: Identify potential risks and issues early in the development process and implement effective mitigation strategies.
- Documentation: Maintain comprehensive project documentation, including design specifications, technical documentation, and project plans.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Proven experience 5+ years as a full stack developer.
- Experience as a team leader or people leader.
- Demonstrated ability to drive innovation and bring disruptive products to market.
- Experience breaking down features and stories into work items for the engineering team.
- Exceptional strategic thinking and the ability to translate complex ideas into actionable requirements.
- Experience with working in building products in a fast, iterative approach.
- Understanding of user-centered design principles and experience collaborating closely with UX/UI teams.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to influence and engage stakeholders at all levels.
- Solid grasp of emerging technologies, industry trends, and market dynamics.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data to make informed decisions.
- Familiar with cloud-based solutions such as AWS, Azure & GCP.
- Have created web and mobile applications using native and non-native frameworks.
- Experience with React or Angular, Node.js, NoSQL, Git, Java and others.
- High standard of code quality and testing requirements.
- Developed in CI/CD environment.
- Proficient in ML/AI concepts.
- Experience in embedded software a bonus.
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
Hybrid: This role is categorized as hybrid. This means the successful candidate is expected to report to onsite at either the GM Global Technical Center - Michigan IT Innovation Center , Austin IT Innovation Center North - Austin IT Innovation Center North, Georgia IT Innovation Center - Georgia IT Innovation Center or Oshawa Elevation Centre - Oshawa Elevation Centre three times per week, at minimum or other frequency dictated by the business.
- Compensation: The expected base compensation for this role is : $116,100 - $181,400 . Actual base compensation within the identified range will vary based on factors relevant to the position.
- Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
- Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays.
General Motors는 법적으로 금지된 차별을 배제하는 것은 물론 포용성과 소속감을 진정으로 장려하는 직장이 되기 위해 노력하고 있습니다. 당사는 다양성이 보장되는 환경에서 직원들이 역량을 발휘하고 우리 고객을 위한 더 좋은 제품을 개발할 수 있다고 믿습니다. 따라서 입사에 관심 있는 사람이 있다면 포지션별 주요 업무와 자격을 확인하고 본인이 보유한 기술과 능력에 부합하는 모든 포지션에 적극적으로 지원하기를 장려합니다. 지원자는 채용 과정에서 역할 관련 평가(해당하는 경우) 및/또는 채용 전 스크리닝을 통과해야 합니다. 자세한 정보는 GM 채용 과정 안내를 참고하십시오.
공평한 취업 기회 선언 (미국)
General Motors는 공평한 기회를 제공하는 고용주임을 자부합니다. 자격을 만족하는 지원자는 인종과 피부색, 성별, 성적 지향, 성별 정체성, 국적, 장애, 재향 군인 보호법 적용 여부와 상관없이 채용 후보로서 심사를 받습니다.
숙소 (미국 및 캐나다)
General Motors는 장애인을 포함한 모든 구직자들에게 취업 기회를 제공합니다. 구직이나 취업 지원에 도움이 되는 합리적인 숙소가 필요한 경우 Careers.Accommodations@GM.com으로 이메일을 보내시거나 800-865-7580으로 전화주십시오. 이메일에, 귀하가 요청하는 특정한 숙소에 대한 설명과 귀하가 지원하는 직무와 채용 요청서 번호를 포함해주세요.