- Apply general knowledge of principles, terms, and practices of automation engineering to support the design and build of safe and reliable operations.
- Coordinate, provide direct support or implement process automation deliverables aligned with business objectives and according internal or industrial practices
- Executing or leading small investment projects or support large projects on automation engineering standards and deliverables.
- Monitor and support progress for projects with low to medium levels of complexity and ensure Process Control and Automation area is well defined and meets the business and cost objective
- Identify, Implement, monitor and track process improvements and provide actionable solutions.
- Supporting and Facilitation the assessment of automation engineering development and application opportunities and further dissemination across common practice areas
- Support, analyze and develop conclusions regarding areas of improvement and identify opportunities to improve performance and determine acceptable risk tolerance.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff
Bachelor's degree in mechatronics engineering, automation and information systems
Spanish will be an advantage
Desirable Office Package and Power BI
The position will develop, recommend, and implement changes which will result in the improvement of manufacturing processes and or product quality. The ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced manufacturing environment is critical to your success at General Motors.
His role will be to enable organizations to identify opportunities for automating operations and use data analytics to improve manufacturing performance.