The Lead Solutions Architect is responsible and accountable for the quality and cohesion of solution architecture components within an assigned domain and their conformance to approved GM IT standards and alignment with the future state enterprise and domain architectural goals. This includes both hands-on development of IT technology solution architectures as well as management of various architectural initiatives.
A Lead Solutions architect is able to look across the assigned domain to ensure consistent alignment of technical solutions with the business goals and objectives of the supported unit. The architect provides industry leading technical direction and guidance to various project teams to ensure appropriate and cost effective application of GM approved technologies. Ensures appropriate and effective data integration across multiple applications.
A Lead Solutions Architect is expected to master all the capabilities required of a solutions architect and shown expertise with various architectural patterns, technologies and architecture management processes. A Lead Solutions Architect will mentor and direct less Lead solutions architects while contributing to multi-layered solution architectures that comprehend and specify business, application, data and infrastructure designs.
1. Responsible for leading the definition of solution architectures which includes evaluation, selection and integration of necessary technical components to create solution designs that support the defined functional and non-functional requirements.
2. Responsible for definition of current state application and/or infrastructure architectures for the assigned domain areas.
3. Responsible for development and approval of future state application or infrastructure architectures in an organized and cohesive manner using industry accepted frameworks.
4. Understands, applies and recommends architecture principles in the context of a specific solution.
5. Responsible for integration and cohesion of developed or reviewed architecture solutions across all architectural layers.
6. Understands and comprehends the implications of technology decisions and recommendations across multiple domain areas.
7. Ensure that designed or reviewed solutions conform to architectural requirements such as scalability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility, usability and security across multiple domain areas.
8. Promotes innovation and application of emerging IT technologies within the context of a business domain area.
9. Introduces technology innovation opportunities to the GM IT organization. Participates in the evaluation of new technologies for inclusion as GM IT standards.
10. Provides guidance, coaching and/or training to others as appropriate. Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and creates a winning culture.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time but the general expectation is that the employee be onsite an average of three (3) days each week
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.