Work Arrangement: This is a Hybrid position. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to commute to the innovation center to which they are assigned as their primary GM facility. This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-3 times per week.
Are you a talented Senior Technical Product Owner who loves creating innovative solutions for real-time streaming and storage of massive amounts of data? Do you like working in a fast-paced environment, and working to solve big data challenges?
The Role: General Motors is continuing to innovate on our connected vehicle initiatives and is transforming the customer and vehicle experience within this space. For us, the future is now – designing and developing hyperscale data and computational systems enabling General Motors connected vehicle and related vehicle data products. We have an opening for a Senior Technical Product Owner within our Vehicle Data Architecture & Delivery team.
What You Will Do
- Work in a fast-paced environment developing vehicle data collection and processing solutions with cutting edge technologies to support the tremendous amount of data connected vehicles produce
- Define the product vision and roadmap for the our internal and external data delivery platforms
- Partner with various business and technology teams through the entire product development lifecycle, with a focus on requirement gathering and story writing
- Collaborate with external business and technical teams to understand their requirements for consuming vehicle data and data products across multiple domains
- Consistently manage the prioritization of the product backlog based on customer feedback, market changes and business priority
- Determine appropriate product release dates and content
- Develop strategies to drive user experience improvements and work cross-functionally to achieve results
- Lead and mentor other product owners with diverse specialties and experience levels
Your Skills & Abilities (Required Qualifications)
- 7+ years experience in product owner or equivalent role
- Can set and balance priorities efficiently
- Solid Understanding of Agile and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Ability to advocate for data consumers and ensure efficiencies of implementation across groups / departments
- Works independently and in a self-organized, multifaceted team environment. Can guide team discussion for product and team improvement across a wide variety of personality types.
- Positive relationship building skills, including the ability to relate constructively to all levels of the organization
- 3 - 5 years of experience in the automotive industry
- 4-year College degree preferably in computer science, Computer or Electrical engineering, information systems or project management or equivalent relevant experience. Master’s degree preferred
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.