Main Purpose of this position s
The primary purpose of the Technical Product Owner is to lead multi-functional development teams to deliver innovative products to market that deliver service and value to our premium collection customers. This role requires someone with the expertise to understand business owner’s product vision and translate/communicate requirements effectively to multiple development teams. The TPO will operate in a complex multi organizational landscape and will define requirements to drive changes to existing systems or create new systems to provide a world class customer experience
Roles and Responsibilities
- Quickly develop understanding of domains, business capabilities and processes.
- Work with or without direct supervision and develop documentation that comprehends business, application, and data requirements.
- Translate vision/goals set by business product owners into requirements documentation for consumption by architecture, development, and test teams
- Facilitate product demos with development teams and product owners
- Collaborate with test teams and review test plans and test cases
- Ensure appropriate and effective data integration across multiple systems.
- Maintain a sprint release plan, release trajectory, and release burn-down, based on capacity and velocity predictions
- Enforce team rules, help resolve impediments, facilitate efficiency, and increase the probability of success in each sprint.
- Champion accountability within and outside the team and coordinate dependencies across teams
- Provide visibility of development team status and issues to senior management
- Promote a collaborative team environment that fosters creativity and innovation
- Promote continuous team improvement, measure the team, and help the team and individuals measure themselves
- Analyze the current business and IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommends areas for improvement
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline (Computer Science or Engineering)
- Ideally 5 years or more facilitating teams and 7 years+ in IT solutions provider environment
- Experience with globally distributed and large cross-functional teams, with a track record of having developed professional documentation (business process flows, user stories) and managing delivery
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle and agile practices. Experience in one or more software development roles such as architecture, design, development, test, configuration management or quality assurance.
- Competent in enterprise and agile project management tools.
- Broad technical knowledge spanning applications, infrastructure, methodologies, and tools
- Experience with SAFe, DFSS and Scrum
- Experience with Extreme Programming (XP), and other Agile engineering practices is a plus
- Experience developing training materials
Skills and Abilities
- Systematic problem-solving approach
- Sense of ownership and drive for result and solutions
- Exceptional listening skill
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be willing to embrace change
- Good interpersonal skills
- Effective Communication and Presentation skills in both English and Chinese, especially on business problems, alternatives and project strategy to a project team and customer groups
MAJOR DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Project coordination & execution role for Plan and Define as part of the System Development process
2. Development of business process models, business requirements/user stories (functional and non-functional) and product backlogs
3. Partners with business to ensure comprehensive user acceptance testing/training plans are developed/executed and application is successfully transitioned to production
4. Increased understanding of business issues and data challenges of the business
5. Serves as the requirements liaison between the business community and the IT teams
6. Coordinates with Business on Problem and Incident Management
7. Coordinates project business value/return on investment analysis
8. Supports IT Strategy Development
9. Identifies business strengths and weaknesses and suggests areas of improvement
10. Makes recommendations on what projects should be pursued
11. Perform research on new ideas / initiatives the organization may want to pursue
12. Assists with coordination & representation for Change Requests (CRs)
13. Assists with identifying/selecting the best talent. Responsible for directing and prioritizing work, managing performance and providing guidance / coaching to team members. Manages the culture within their team, holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and creates a winning culture.
14. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. In-depth understanding of business analyst fundamentals
2. In-depth understanding of writing & leading Business Requirements Documents
3. In-depth understanding of Business Process Modeling
4. Knowledge in a functional area or business process domain
5. In-depth understanding of business issues and data challenges of the organization and industry as a whole
6. In-depth understanding of business process and how application(s) they represent support it
7. Demonstrates critical skills such as collaboration, strong written and verbal communication skills and analytical capability
8. Independently facilitates sessions with end users, asking probing questions to elicit business process discussion and capture process flow diagrams
9. Independently facilitates meetings.
a) In-depth business knowledge
b) Action oriented
c) Raises issues appropriately
d) Presents information for decision-making purposes with little to no direction
e) Increased technical & business insight for planning
f) Strong time management skills
g) Ability to multi-task i.e. leading multiple projects
Bachelor's degree required (technical discipline preferred) or equivalent experience. 7+ years in an applicable business environment.