General Motors has a need for qualified Mechanical Journeypersons (machine repairman.) You will work under minimal supervision with a high level of independent judgement and problem solving. You should be flexible enough to take on and tackle multiple job assignments in a shift.
Preferred Experience Includes:
Experience with planned maintenance systems and predictive technologies
Experience with industrial robotics, automation, and conveyance systems
Follow established safety procedures according to OSHA standards and company procedures
Maintain, dismantle, repair, and replace mechanical and hydraulic components (e. g. bearings, seals, details, carriers, etc.) on industrial machinery such as shafting, motors, generators, air compressors, engines, pumps, cylinders, gears, couplings, linkages, ball screws, high speed CNC spindles, coolant systems and filters, and combustion equipment and valves
Layout, assemble, fabricate, maintain, and repair piping systems
Use various hand or power tools for measuring, cutting, threading, grooving, bending, soldering, assembling, joining, and installing pipes, valves, and fittings
Read and interpret blueprints for the mechanical operation and assembly of conveyor systems, material handling systems, robots, and other automation
Operate mobile equipment (e.g. forklifts, vertical lifts, cranes)
Determine loading requirements to rig equipment and material for lifting
Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes
Fabricate punches, tools, steel rule tools and t-sets to exact specifications
Plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools or assemblies using blueprints, sketches, or models
Determine quality of finished products, ensuring defect-free parts, by verifying dimensions, alignment, and clearances for conformance to specifications using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators
Interested individuals must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- At least six (6) years of related experience in a Mechanical trade (millwright, pipefitter, toolmaker, machine repair) or a U.S. Department of Labor Certificate of Completion in a Mechanical trade (millwright, pipefitter, toolmaker, machine repair).
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors hiring process requirements which includes comprehensive assessments, drug testing, and a background check
- At least 18 years of age
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day, afternoon, or night shifts as well as overtime hours daily, weekend and holidays on those shifts with little notice
- GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU NEED OR WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP TO WORK OR TO REMAIN EMPLOYED AT GM (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.).
- If you are a current GM employee operating under a collective bargaining agreement, please contact your local HR/LR for employee placement opportunities.
- This position may be filled with a Journeyperson or Journeyperson In Training, the compensation ranges for a JIT include ($31.01-$35.57) or Journeyperson rate of $36.48. Certificates/credentials and scoring in interview will determine your status and pay.
General Motors UAW hourly employment offers a very competitive compensation and benefit package. An annual incentive payout is also available, as qualified.
Relocation and travel expenses will be the responsibility of the applicant.