Hybrid - Position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time but the general expectation is that the employee be onsite at a dealership for an average of three (3) days each week.
There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. We are proud to support our employees’ volunteer interests and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities. In this role, you will develop professionally and gain firsthand knowledge of the Customer Care & Aftersales business with exposure to Business Development, as well as Parts and Service Sales/Marketing. You will also have direct interaction with leadership, learn from experienced professionals in the industry and have the ability to affect the customer experience, bringing value to them & to General Motors.
At GM you have a future
We'll give you the tools to succeed, the freedom to explore and a collaborative environment to grow in - both professionally and personally. It's time to do the best work of your career. Are you ready to take on the challenge?
The District Manager Sales will be responsible for leading and motivating their Dealers within Vancouver (District 1 – Vancouver & Vancouver Island).
In conjunction with the Regional Manager and the Regional Marketing Manager, the District Manager Sales will deploy initiatives towards the achievement of retail sales and market share, maximize revenue, in addition to building strong partnership with the Dealers by driving sales performance and improving customer experience.
This position also supports and guides regional marketing plans and strategies into the District and assists in identifying opportunities and developing plans to grow retail sales, market share and revenue.
The successful candidate will focus on and be measured on the following 4 key areas:
- Drive retail sales and market share performance
- Drive order coverage
- Drive adjacency revenue performance: Accessory sales revenue & OnStar, GMPP
- Improve Customer Satisfaction and retail experience
What You’ll Do (Responsibilities):
Sales & Share Performance
- Achieve retail sales and share objectives for the District through implementation of District and Dealer Action plans
- Identify sales opportunities on the District through analysis of sales, inventory and share data to increase performance
- Develop plans and strategies to maximize vehicle ordering coverage to drive retail sales
- Develop and execute Vancouver Key City Initiatives and manage Key City budgets in conjunction with Regional Marketing Manager and agency team
- Lead development of Vancouver Key City Training plan and manage GM Pro Training resources
- Drive Accessories revenue performance with strong (LPO) upfront ordering as well as effective showroom selling and merchandising (ACO) strategy implementation
- Drive OnStar activations with Welcome Call completions and Online Enrollment
- Drive GM Financial Leasing Penetration
Improve Customer Satisfaction and Retail Experience
- Build a culture of customer focus within the Dealers and ensure processes and procedures are in place to support customers and build advocacy
- Drive CSI performance and improve negative impact Dealership performance
- Manage customer complaint issues appropriately and support resolving them with a “win-win” orientation
- Champion improvement in retail digital customer experience and implementation of retail innovation that support retail experience improvement
Your Skill & Abilities (Required Qualifications):
- 5 years of relevant work experience (District Sales Manager experience preferred)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Outstanding analytical abilities combined with strong decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently and in cross-functional environments
- Understanding of OEM distribution processes, field sales tools and reports
- Willingness to travel and to work extended hours on occasion if required (eg. month-end)
- Valid Driver’s License
- This role will be located in Vancouver, BC
Education and Training:
- Undergraduate Degree preferably in Business and/or MBA
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities. Should you be contacted by General Motors of Canada, please advise if you require accommodation. General Motors of Canada values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation and Benefits:
GM’s Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. GM’s comprehensive compensation and benefits plan is carefully designed and thoroughly benchmarked against the companies that we compete for talent in the local market.
The goal of the General Motors of Canada total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan currently includes the following benefits, in addition to many others:
Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and supplemental benefits for pregnancy, parental and adoption leave; Healthcare, dental and vision benefits including health care spending account and wellness incentive; Life insurance plans to cover you and your family; Company and matching contributions to a Defined Contribution Pension plan to help you save for retirement; Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values; Tuition Assistance and Employee Assistance Program; GM Vehicle Purchase Plan for you, your family and friends.