The Quality Engineering role involves functioning as a technical liaison between production operations, engineering, customers and supplier quality. Responsible for problem solving for both internal and customer driven issues. Note: This position may require working various shifts and overtime.
What You'll Do:
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Follow and enforce all Site Safety Guidelines
- Interact with production and engineering on issues and containments
- Audit elements of the GM Quality Manual and GMS Built-In Quality Statements
- Review and Approve Standardized Work for assigned department ensuring they meet Lockport Quality Standards
- Drive problem solving and lead resolution for supplier, internal, and customer quality issues
- Ensure effective containment and resolution for identified non-conforming product
- Communicate emerging issues
- Support the PTR Process by running PTR's and evaluating impact on the product / function
- Review and approve Plant Floor Change Management Requests for assigned department
- Support department scrap reduction initiatives
Your Skills & Abilities (Required Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in engineering, manufacturing, quality operations or equivalent experience
Experience with broad variety of measurement and inspection techniques
Familiarity reliability test techniques (accelerated life testing) is a plus
What Will Give You a Competitive Edge (Preferred Qualifications):
- Knowledge of GMS principles and practices
- The expected base compensation for this role is: $72,435-$115,708. Actual base compensation within the identified range will vary based on factors relevant to the position.
- Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
- Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.