This role is categorized as hybrid. This means the successful candidate is expected to report to Austin, TX, or Warren, MI three times per week, at minimum.
GM Global Purchasing and Supply Chain IT is looking for a dynamic, experienced Software Development manager to lead our team of application developers who support and develop supply chain management applications in the Supply Operations and Order Fulfillment domains. The ideal candidate must have a strong background in team building, technology, system integration, data architecture, web and mainframe application development, and agile software development methodologies. Leading highly technical teams through the software development lifecycle (SDLC) utilizing industry standard/best practice for software development approaches is of paramount importance in the role.
What you'll do:
Proven experience and responsibilities include:
- Managing an IT software application development team in the development and modernization of applications, managing system integrations, and overseeing new application development projects.
- Recruiting/mentoring/coaching/managing individual team members
- Goal setting and performance appraisals
- Aligning team objectives with organization’s mission/vision/values
- Leading by example, hands-on approach.
- Working closely with Business and PMO to apply a disciplined approach to develop requirements, project plans, budgets, schedules, and risk profiles for information technology projects.
- Applying the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) development methodology to software/application development projects. Lead the effort to introduce and refine agile approaches within the organization.
- Leading change – Encourage team members to embrace a lean agile mindset
- Having ability to handle issue resolution and remove roadblocks by navigating complex corporate environments and processes
- Having experience creating strategic direction for groups of applications, including Performance tuning, usability assessment/improvement, automation technologies
- Understanding security risks for applications and code remediation techniques
- Coaching teams and individuals to help them be more effective and productive
- Being detail oriented, a strong communicator (verbal and written) with great interpersonal skills, and ability to motivate the team to deliver multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Having a strong technology background with the ability to execute a strategic vision, coupled with the ability to explore and recommend new technology and development approaches.
- Providing advice, training and technical support for various projects within their domain
- Building a diverse and effective team by identifying/selecting the best talent.
- Providing career guidance and mentoring of both software developers as well as less experienced leads. Assuring that team adheres to all GM Resource Requirements such as Timekeeping, Project Management and Training
- Establishing strong, positive relationships with internal business stakeholders, and demonstrating ability to map business processes to technology solutions.
- Managing the culture within their team, holding themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and creates a winning culture.
Your Skills & Abilities (Required Qualifications)
- 12 years IT experience developing enterprise IT systems
- 4+ years hands-on system development as a development lead, architect, or lead developer role working with multi-disciplinary teams
- Must have broad software project delivery experience in leading teams developing applications using a variety of tools, languages, frameworks, and technologies.
- Experience with SAFe / Agile methodology and tools for Agile work management such as JIRA, Microsoft TFS and ADO are highly desirable
- Self-starter and quick learner who understands and can adapt to existing software application and computing infrastructures.
- Strong background in software/application development lifecycle, including budget, planning, requirements management, and test procedures, including heavy focus on automation through the development, testing, and deployment cycles.
- Technical leadership skills (At least one Focus area below):
- Experience leading projects involving cloud technologies, such as AWS, Azure, or GCP, and their associated services and tools, also including management of containerized applications through Kubernetes
- Experience leading CI/CD pipeline implementation and management using tools such as TFS, ADO, GitHub Actions, and Jenkins
- Experience leading Mainframe Application development teams, utilizing mainframe platform and its respective toolkits, and management of integrations between complex IT landscapes involving midrange technologies and mainframe platform.
- Exhibiting and proving to possess strong Business acumen
- Experience in a Supply Chain Management Business domain (plus).
General Motors는 법적으로 금지된 차별을 배제하는 것은 물론 포용성과 소속감을 진정으로 장려하는 직장이 되기 위해 노력하고 있습니다. 당사는 다양성이 보장되는 환경에서 직원들이 역량을 발휘하고 우리 고객을 위한 더 좋은 제품을 개발할 수 있다고 믿습니다. 따라서 입사에 관심 있는 사람이 있다면 포지션별 주요 업무와 자격을 확인하고 본인이 보유한 기술과 능력에 부합하는 모든 포지션에 적극적으로 지원하기를 장려합니다. 지원자는 채용 과정에서 역할 관련 평가(해당하는 경우) 및/또는 채용 전 스크리닝을 통과해야 합니다. 자세한 정보는 GM 채용 과정 안내를 참고하십시오.
공평한 취업 기회 선언 (미국)
General Motors는 공평한 기회를 제공하는 고용주임을 자부합니다. 자격을 만족하는 지원자는 인종과 피부색, 성별, 성적 지향, 성별 정체성, 국적, 장애, 재향 군인 보호법 적용 여부와 상관없이 채용 후보로서 심사를 받습니다.
숙소 (미국 및 캐나다)
General Motors는 장애인을 포함한 모든 구직자들에게 취업 기회를 제공합니다. 구직이나 취업 지원에 도움이 되는 합리적인 숙소가 필요한 경우 Careers.Accommodations@GM.com으로 이메일을 보내시거나 800-865-7580으로 전화주십시오. 이메일에, 귀하가 요청하는 특정한 숙소에 대한 설명과 귀하가 지원하는 직무와 채용 요청서 번호를 포함해주세요.